Beasts Are Almost Sold Out

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hah! Depends on how you spell.
Surley or Surly. Perhaps they would sell better if the seller got the name right.

I think it would help to include "Fat Bike" in the title since there are so many brands of them now.

Hah! Depends on how you spell.
Surley or Surly. Perhaps they would sell better if the seller got the name right.

I think it would help to include "Fat Bike" in the title since there are so many brands of them now.
Misspellings like this often give an edge to the keen buyer. I've won a few auctions for good prices due to misspellings making it not come up in typical searches, and I also used to seek out auctions without pictures. For some reason, folks don't want to buy things without a picture, and you can often get the seller to email you one just by asking.

Misspelling "Surly" doesn't help, but I would think that having "Pugsley" in the listing ought to be enough. The model has been almost synonymous with fat bike till just recently. Incidentally, I saw over the weekend that the local EMS store has a Kona Wo that's marked down, from $1700 to $1300 IIRC. Not a bad deal.

I just did an Ebay SOLD search on Fat under Cycling and was amazed how many NEW Beasts were sold for $270+

Last edited:
I just picked up a blue one. Now I don't know what to do with it. $270 on eBay sounds like I may have to flip it. But I'll probably cut it apart and build a rigid fatty.

Back