Beer Boy Delivery... Final product on Finished thread! ...while I've been waiting....this:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another addition to the build purloined this week....vintage beer cooler! Unfortunately, when I went to pick it up, the owner informed me that it was "a little rusty and had only half of a Grain Belt beer sticker on it, so I sanded it all down and painted it"....ugh. Now I will try to reverse the process and "rat-ify" this cooler to it's former self.

My buddy Sweet Willy, thinks I should mount it "bagger" style down low off the rack. Other option is up-top. Your thoughts all?

Cool cooler. Hard to say about mounting without seeing mockups.
It may be a bit high on the rack, but if you mount it on the side you also need to put it far enough back so that your heels don't hit it.
Another option is to make a cool bike beer trailer out of it.

Cool cooler. Hard to say about mounting without seeing mockups.
It may be a bit high on the rack, but if you mount it on the side you also need to put it far enough back so that your heels don't hit it.
Another option is to make a cool bike beer trailer out of it.
Thought about the trailer idea Kingfish! The cooler really isn't big enough to do that justice I don't think. Had an idea for a "sidecar" mount...some kind of platform integrated with the frame (detachable for regular riding use) with one wheel on the outside...?! Here are the three options as I see them. Base coat of matte Ivory which after "ratification" will look like the fenders....

Have you thought about cutting that bottle cap in half and mounting it sunrise style on each side of the cooler?

Have you thought about cutting that bottle cap in half and mounting it sunrise style on each side of the cooler?
No...and that's why I will continue to put every little step along the way on here! That sounds like a super cool idea! So, would you have the radial line match up with the bottom edge of the cooler then? That would probably allow the top to still function without interference from the "big cap".....I REALLY like this Kingfish!!

You could also half moon and put together around or in front of the seat tube.
Again, another outstanding idea! So, I'm getting the drift that you guys aren't too hep on the "full cap in the triangle look" as I have pictured? Ha ha....

I like the sidecar idea, looks a bit high and unwieldy up on the rack... Just my opinion though!

Luke.
Yes, Luke, I'm leaning that way too. It's not really too unwieldy right now, but when it is full and I'm delivering to my neighbors.... :eek:

Again, another outstanding idea! So, I'm getting the drift that you guys aren't too hep on the "full cap in the triangle look" as I have pictured? Ha ha....
I was just thinking you could see it from both sides if it is half and double sided. Just ideas too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No...and that's why I will continue to put every little step along the way on here! That sounds like a super cool idea! So, would you have the radial line match up with the bottom edge of the cooler then? That would probably allow the top to still function without interference from the "big cap".....I REALLY like this Kingfish!!

My thinking was cut the cap in half, then mount the cap halves on each wide side of the cooler. The flat cut edge of the cap would be even with the bottom edge of the cooler.

So, I'm getting the drift that you guys aren't too hep on the "full cap in the triangle look" as I have pictured? Ha ha....

Just offering up ideas. Right now it's a big white circle against a dark bike and does look a little big, but that may change depending on paint scheme. It's cool to feed off of other ideas, but in the end build the bike vision that fits what you want. You won't hear any slams from me. There is absolutely nothing subtle about my first build "BEER RUN" from BO6. :crazy:

My thinking was cut the cap in half, then mount the cap halves on each wide side of the cooler. The flat cut edge of the cap would be even with the bottom edge of the cooler.

Just offering up ideas. Right now it's a big white circle against a dark bike and does look a little big, but that may change depending on paint scheme. It's cool to feed off of other ideas, but in the end build the bike vision that fits what you want. You won't hear any slams from me. There is absolutely nothing subtle about my first build "BEER RUN" from BO6. :crazy:
Yeah, the paint I add to "age" the cooler and bottle cap, and the words / logos, will all help to reduce the size and overpowering whiteness. Is there a feed for all the previous BO's? It would be fun for me to go back and look at some more of those, ideas.....:39:

As big as it is, I would seriously consider mounting it up front...ahead of the bars and over the front tire. It would be easy to fab up some supports that attach to the hub axle and off the handlebars.

As big as it is, I would seriously consider mounting it up front...ahead of the bars and over the front tire. It would be easy to fab up some supports that attach to the hub axle and off the handlebars.
You could do a CycleTruck conversion and run a 20" front wheel with the cooler mounted above it too!

Luke.

So, after consideration of your many cool and helpful hints on my build, I am committed to mounting the beer cooler in front of the handlebars on a rack I will construct. It seems large cargo loads are carried this way around the globe after my week of research! Also, I am going to keep the beer bottle "big cap" in tact and use it in it's original home the main "triangle" as an advertisement for the Grain Belt beer from our hometown Minneapolis! Here are the further "rat-ifications" made to the bottle cap and the cooler as of this afternoon.....

Latest posts

Back