TRADITIONAL Behrens Viscount

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go back a page to remember the other components in this build. Is that cool front rack gonna make the cut? Any ideas for RaT-ifying the shiny black tank? A little light mist from 3-4 ft with brown that matches your frame tones and a flat matte black might do the trick.

Looking forward to the assembly! RaT oN~!

I really like those tires. I also like the clean, but different lines of the guard. Let's see this thing back together now.

I had to go back a page to remember the other components in this build. Is that cool front rack gonna make the cut? Any ideas for RaT-ifying the shiny black tank? A little light mist from 3-4 ft with brown that matches your frame tones and a flat matte black might do the trick.

Looking forward to the assembly! RaT oN~!
Front rack: Yes.
Black tank: No, didn't like it so much.
Possible rear rack not shown: 🤔

Ok. I'm still on the fence about the rear rack, but leaning toward using it.

Aside from that decision, I've pretty much finished this one. I went with red coke bottle grips, they look pretty good in my eye.
20240717_174219.jpg
20240717_174030.jpg
20240717_173955.jpg
20240717_173835.jpg
20240717_173841.jpg
20240717_173851.jpg
20240717_173907.jpg
20240717_173934.jpg
20240717_173946.jpg

And a video.

As you well know, my formerly beer named thespian, I loves me a ride video! Great to hear your voice and get the deets on your build. Really like the overall patina and that chain guard is very cool!

The bike looks great! I really like the red walls and the red grips go really well with them. Great patina build. I think the rear rack could look really good with some patina matching too. Loved the ride video too. Nice job!

That is such a cool frame! The headbadge alone makes it. I would buy that bike in a second.

I like how you left it ratty. If it was mine, the only thing I would work on is the tire rubbing on the fender. But then again, maybe that adds to the character. I live in a fairly flat town and that would be perfect for cruising around.

I like the rear rack too. I wouldn’t bother dirtying it up. Just mount it as is.

The bike looks great! I really like the red walls and the red grips go really well with them. Great patina build. I think the rear rack could look really good with some patina matching too. Loved the ride video too. Nice job!
That is such a cool frame! The headbadge alone makes it. I would buy that bike in a second.

I like how you left it ratty. If it was mine, the only thing I would work on is the tire rubbing on the fender. But then again, maybe that adds to the character. I live in a fairly flat town and that would be perfect for cruising around.

I like the rear rack too. I wouldn’t bother dirtying it up. Just mount it as is.

Actually, working on the rack to match it to the front. Not sure why though, as I may put saddlebags on there.

The tire rubbing will drive me crazy, so I'm gonna try to true the wheels. I've never successfully done that, but maybe the 500th attempt is the charm.

I wanted to get this put together because it will be a neighbor cruiser, but going on the annual family island vacation soon. So need a way to get around up there.

Actually, working on the rack to match it to the front. Not sure why though, as I may put saddlebags on there.

The tire rubbing will drive me crazy, so I'm gonna try to true the wheels. I've never successfully done that, but maybe the 500th attempt is the charm.

I wanted to get this put together because it will be a neighbor cruiser, but going on the annual family island vacation soon. So need a way to get around up there.
The Park Tool YouTube channel has good tutorials on wheel truing that I like.

Last edited:
Back