BO15 Beiwagenmaschine Type II (finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or even just a hand-ful of resistors

The dimmer does have a circuit of some kind, but i don't think the LEDs care that much- too much voltage is the only issue i have had - POP!
Yeah these are safe in here. They are made for dummies adding goofball stuff to their cars. I almost put a fuse block in that bag but I really only need a few inline ones. I am using relays and whatever

I have a little step down thingy and some stuff for blinkers but I am just not doing all that. I hate cables and wiring. I can't feel my hands like I used too so it is extra frustrating.
Dang-o! I heard that! the more I feel like i am able to do/see what I want fab wise, the more my hands etc. seem to push back

A result of a lifetime of doing stuff regardless of the ouch, i suppose haha

Hey, I am not gonna tell you to put a (master) fuse on your electrical system

But I am gonna tell you i got a SEVERE burn(s) on my hand from a direct wired temperature gauge that grounded out while i was holding it

Building a parade float chassis, testing the temp gauge, it grounded out, the wire in my hand INSTANTLY heated up HOT!!, melted the insulation off into a drippy mess into my fist which was holding the wire. It felt like i was holding a toaster element. Melted insulation stuck in the burn. The wire's path was branded into each finger and along my thumb, if i picked up another piece of wire it matched this path perfectly

Anyway, 12v does have some safety issues, but at least not electrocution

Last edited:
Hey, I am not gonna tell you to put a (master) fuse on your electrical system

But I am gonna tell you i got a SEVERE burn(s) on my hand from a direct wired temperature gauge that grounded out while i was holding it

Building a parade float chassis, testing the temp gauge, it grounded out, the wire in my hand INSTANTLY headed up HOT!!, melted the insulation off into a drippy mess into my fist which was holding the wire. It felt like i was holding a toaster element. Melted insulation stuck in the burn. The wire's path was branded into each finger and along my thumb, if i picked up another piece of wire it matched this path perfectly

Anyway, 12v does have some safety issues, but at least not electrocution
Yeah I'll move everything to a block. I put all the ends in the bag so it will be easy to do it later. I haven't had a chance to run to the scrapyard. I am just going to pull one out of a wreck so I am only out a couple dollars. The last thing I need is a short to melt the battery in those bags

Just because I know how to do this does not mean I will ever do this for someone else. I really really hate tiny wires
IMG_20200822_151510.jpg

If you can't be good , be careful , if you can't do that either , have some tee tree oil handy. I love that stuff, life saver . Get a burn , Splash it on , 5 mins later , what burn ?
this one actually blistered. that doesn't usually happen with me. I guess i caught the tender edge

Remember how I said I have a $400 torque screwdriver I use for "at work stuff". Yeah. Lemme esplain. Insert string of colorful epithets here. I new that didn't sound right when I was putting this never been used 50 year old pedal on here.
IMG_20200824_160532.jpg
IMG_20200824_160450.jpg
IMG_20200824_160537.jpg
IMG_20200824_153624.jpg

So. How is your day going? I theoretically made it one meter so that's encouraging.my tools are still close or something.

Last edited:
Sorry to fill up your notifications with likes, but I had some catching up to do on this one.
What a killer rat build man! Just a gajillion cool details. I love it!!!!

Sorry to fill up your notifications with likes, but I had some catching up to do on this one.
What a killer rat build man! Just a gajillion cool details. I love it!!!!
Man, when we get cheesed about someone enjoying something we spent this much time on. I know yours is time consuming it's time for us to just hang it up
IMG_20200825_000014_027.jpg

Latest posts

Back