Belll chains from WM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased two chains from wm that were made by Bell. I bought the ones for 1 to 3 speed bikes. I have 26" street and beach cruisers.. went to install one on my free spirit boardtrack wannabe project and have to add four links to it. It will have more master links than chain. :? Is this normal? I know You usually have to add at least one or two but, after three, I still couldn't get the wheel close to the dropouts. Is there a better brand or method for new chains old bikes?

Yea, the shop was my next stop. Thanks for the advice. No chain press however but, they may be a shop item I may purchase. I want to be able to do as much in house as possible.

If ya know of anyone getting rid of thier old garage door opener, snag it up. i was able to reclaim the motor to use as a grinding stone, some metal for projects and a whole lot of bike chain.

Funny you mention that. I am a maintenance mananger and recently installed an opener and the whole time, was thinking about bikes as the chain reminded me. I have a warehouse full of old ones. I know what I am doing Monday! :lol:

Back