Below Radar, 8/6 Finished Pictures.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the finalized bike that i was unable to post pictures of because of a dead battery, my build is below.

IMG_5003 by sabbparrish, on Flickr

IMG_5006 by sabbparrish, on Flickr

IMG_5004 by sabbparrish, on Flickr

IMG_5005 by sabbparrish, on Flickr

IMG_5008 by sabbparrish, on Flickr

Just bought this from Walker. I was wanting to build something rusty to just ride around as i'm finding out i worry too much about my last build being scratched up by some bozo while it's locked up in a rack. But then i saw this bike...
0430001.jpg

0430003.jpg

And then i saw this...
afw00-mig15.jpg

mig15.jpg

I like the split front intake on the early MIGs, very similar to the tank. I was going to call this build "Below Radar" because i was going to build something cheap for everyday with my "allowance" and keep it below the wife's radar. I think the name still works!

Re: Below Radar

So your the one that stole that bike LOL the fighter jet theme will be cool to see it good luck

Excellent! If I didn't have a Spaceliner I would have snatched that one up...glad to see it's getting put to good use.

I usually don't like tanks that wrap around the head tube, but your inspiration is brilliant!

Build on while I watch and learn.

You sir, are in the running for one of my votes! that is suck an excellent idea, can't wait to see how you execute it!

COOL! I'm a real sucker for those frames! You should put a tag on the back with your name on it!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

You just can't go wrong with a silver & red jet themed bike! You'll have no problem mimicking the nose scoop with the tank you have. It already looks the part! Looking forward to the end result here!

Looking forward to this one...love the theme and inspiration. The frame already looks like it's flying below the radar.

I'm picturing this with really narrow bars and the seat low and moved back. Have to be able to get low and tuck in while riding it, keep the sleek fighter jet profile

Peatbog said:
Very cool idea. And, by the way, if you are ever in the Akron, Ohio area you may want to stop in at...

http://mapsairmuseum.org/

...where you can sit in this MIG fighter:*

Mig-17_history2.jpg

When you are sitting in the thing, you realize you are in nothing more than an over-sized pop can with an engine. It really does seem like a deathtrap.

*Speaking from experience, if you are tall, you're screwed.
Bummer! I am in CA, i would love to see one in person, especially one i could get in the cockpit (i'm only 5'6", i guess being a little short isn't always a bummer :mrgreen: ).

pick said:
COOL! I'm a real sucker for those frames! You should put a tag on the back with your name on it!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

I still haven't heard back from that guy.. oh well, besides, i now need a bicycle plate that says "BRENT" in Russian. :lol:

FYI BRENT on a plate in Russian would be: Брент Just thought I'd share that with ya! :lol:

dude that has to be the coolest frame i ever saw can't wait to see the build

Love spaceliners and you migliner is going to be wicked.

Latest posts

Back