Bendix 2spd Blue band 28 hole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I got a bendix 2 spd blue band hub laced to a schwinn S-2 rim. Any ideas on what years this was available and to which model it may have come from?
It's froze up but doesn't seem to be too bad. Are these hard to fix?
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDktMjAxMjA3MjctMTAwMy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDgtMjAxMjA3MjctMTAwMy5qcGc.jpg

being an overdrive most were on the smaller bikes (Stingrays) It's a 20" S-2 right ? When these came out in the 60's most bikes where middleweights so that narrows it down a bit.

Had plenty that were froze up mainly due to hardened grease, just be careful with the springs inside, clean it and grease it back up and see how it does

I believe the blue bands came out in 1964 and were available until 1969.

All great information, Thanks! :D I guess I need to find a Stingray to put it on or someone who has a Stingray that needs one then. I have been spraying it with ZEP to see if it frees up.

Overhaul it! They're not much harder than a coaster brake to open up. You need a special tool of you want to take it apart from the drive side. (Much easier from this side). A makeshift tool can be made from a big nut. Just cut and file two "ears" in the nut until it fits into the slots of the locknut.

0130121900.jpg

I can do 8-10 hubs with this "tool" before it breaks and I have to make a new one. :roll:

Thanks for the tips! I took it all apart to find out that someone before me had put the bearing race in upside down. cleaned it all up regreased and put the bearings in the correct way and it works! Yes! 8)

I was thinking that they were, I had never seen one before and there aren't any for sale on fleabay. It's up for grabs if anyone has some other cool Stingray part I could use. I should put an ad in trades.

Back