Best Internet Find Ever!!!!!! A Pair of Freestylers!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get this, for only $55.00 shipped to my door! I could not believe it, still don't! :shock: I was perusing the ol' interweb looking at old school Haro bikes and in some small dark corner I came across these:

I mean seriously,could you pass up a pair of brand new Freestyler's for this price?!?!?!?! And they are my size! Ok, so I didn't really find them in a dark corner of the web; they were front and center on the Vans website. But, I still couldn't pass them up because I just finished building these:

I built the pair for my 11 year old and me to kick around the neighborhood with. They were both originally a pair of Zippos.

Mine:

His:

Only difference is the color of the brake pads. I don't have any pics of their original guise because I went to work on these as soon as I got them. Then it dawned on me, PICS! Take pics! But they were already stripped by then.... So here is some of the build pics I do have.

I tried to reuse every part I could. Most of the components on the bikes were originally black so I stripped and polished alot of this stuff! (Brake arms, stem, etc) I ordered the seats from Justin and the seatpost were dirt cheap off of eBay. Funny thing, when I ordered them, I thought they were chrome but they were black. I totally missed that part of the auction cause I was focused on lay-back posts. I saw black, thought back and hit buy it now. So I had to strip and polish those too! Anyway, they are done and they are fun!

Killer pair !

now for some pics riding with the Vans. 8)

Nice job on the rebuilds.. :lol:

Back