Best place to sell complete bikes and customs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening all! I am looking to start a "business", but I am having trouble figuring out a venue to sell my product. I have been restoring and building custom bicycles, mainly balloon tire and middleweight cruisers. I have been building some custom rides if I don't have a complete bike to start with. The area I am in doesn't have many bicycle events, the swap meet in Trexlertown being the biggest, which isn't very big as far as vintage cruisers go. I want to sell in person, it's hard to see unique details just from pictures online. I am about 20 minutes from Carlisle, so I have thought about selling at classic car swap meets. Has anyone had any luck with this? Sorry for being so long-winded, and if you're still reading, thank you. If you are interested, check out my work on Instagram @wildasincycles

That's what I was thinking too Renaissance Man, thank you for the advice. While I love bike swaps, everybody is looking to pay the least amount possible, and most aren't looking for complete bikes. I don't blame them, that's the purpose of those gatherings.

I took 20 bikes to the spring Charlotte Auto Fair and brought home....20!

The problem with events like Charlotte/Carlisle/Hershey is that those guys are looking for specific CAR parts! Sure, you'll get the occasional guy that comes in to reminisce of their younger days, they compliment your collection, then look at the price and fall on the floor out of breath! And that's for a $40 project starter.

Devin is right! Parts sell much better!

I buy more than I sell usually . Most people are only looking for 10.00 bikes. I stopped hauling 20, I now take 3 and ride them around with a for sale sign on them.

Back