Best way to have an assembled bike shipped to me

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I found another Felt Iron Cross in Reno and don't have time to drive and get it.

I am in Orange County, California what is the best way to have it shipped? It is heavy due to the steel frame.

Thanks

That's up to the seller, whether they want to take the time to ship it. Most don't. If they are willing, but never have, they can take it to a bike shop who will disassemble it and put it in a bike box. For a fee of course. Then you'll have to pay for shipping, which could run up to $100 for a heavy bike. So, you're probably looking at an extra $150 on top of the price IF the seller is willing to jump through those hoops for you.

Check with Amtrack and Greyhound. They used to ship WRAPPED semi-assembled bikes fairly reasonable. That was a while (years) ago and I have no recent knowledge of this at this time. Worth looking into though as a solution.

see if one of the guys from shipping wars might b in that area ...prolly wouldnt cost that much !!!!
i have heard of the bus n train thing b4 ...that would make me kinda nervous tho !!! best of luck !!!

Back