better late than never

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, my name is kevin and i live in northern california....... i just got my first clasic bike, and its kind of "ballooned" into an infatuation real quick. ive ridden bmx my whole life, aand am now getting into road biking..... (currently looking for a road bike if anyone wants to sell one......a newer one that is) anyway, back to my bike, im new to all of this and cant figure out what i have for sure..... its a columbia newsboy special, and the serial number is k089730 a website i found said that k 5000 - 256116 is a 1946 but also said that k 5000 - 205465 is a 1961.......... my serial number is a match for both.... which is mine??? heres a pic.... as far as i know everything on the bike is original except the bars and the seat......

l_5875ee0cb3dc6b46f35dc476dd07f301.jpg

Cool bike and welcome officially to the site!

I should think you could find a good road bike in Northern Ca. easy enough. Good luck in your hunt!

Aaron

ahhhhhhh........... used to live in chico afew years back.
you might try calling some of the shops in chico there very big on newer cruisers,recumbents, and road bikes.
might aslo check with college cyclery in sac. i THINK karfer said they were trying to get rid of some(although its alooooooooong drive from redding to sac.)good luck!

sensor said:
ahhhhhhh........... used to live in chico afew years back.
you might try calling some of the shops in chico there very big on newer cruisers,recumbents, and road bikes.
might aslo check with college cyclery in sac. i THINK karfer said they were trying to get rid of some(although its alooooooooong drive from redding to sac.)good luck!

AWESOME.......thanks man, ill give em a call.

l_2a57158168774d1bf021c55183fc2453.jpg

oh yeah, got the rear rack on today, and the fender mounted up nice and tight thanks to some sugestions from a few of you.... thanks!!! this is my daily rider, to and from work, school and anywhere else i go, so the lack of rattles realy makes it nice!!

Back