BFGoodrich road bike frame year? ... finished pictures 9/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's how it came out. I went with flat black deep V 700c rims laced to a Hi-Stop coaster hub. Thanks to someone here on RRB forums I replaced the 18t sprocket with a 22t sprocket so I can get up the hills around here with the stock 48t chain ring. I filed down every other tooth on the rear sprocket and it makes a neat ticky sound now with the skip toof chain.

Future upgrades might include a home made adjustable stem, more vintage looking bars, and a better leather seat.

3967002220_d1e08ff40a_b.jpg

3966223111_26bcd963dd_b.jpg

3966221489_1e61256ed0_b.jpg

3966220097_f65f28e2d4_b.jpg

3966218773_8978e96934_b.jpg

3966991248_893cf3c45e_b.jpg

3966213337_eed833a8e3_b.jpg

Not bad at all for a $200 bike. I'm really digging it!

Later Travis

IronSpadeCycles said:

Later Travis

and if it weren't for the wheels, it would have been a $10 bike.

Never really cared for Track bikes or roadies but this one is quickly changing my mind. Its very plain and simple but very cool and interesting at the same time. Very nice bike. I like it alot!
Sean

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
IronSpadeCycles said:

Later Travis

and if it weren't for the wheels, it would have been a $10 bike.
:lol: :lol: I really like the way this one is going, looks like a kick to ride.

Ian that is one of my favorite bikes on this site. It looks amazing and you answered my question about grinding down every other tooth.

When you first look at this bike you say: "what a nice simple bike and frame." And it is .... until you really look at that frame. I love the nice smooth transitions between the top tube and the head tube. The grace of the forks. It's a very well thought out design and constructed so well. I cannot stop looking at it. Good on you Ian for building it up and not adding anything to it that would detract from it's beauty.

I was wondering ..do you stick the stand in your back pocket when you ride?....Looks good ,turned out nice. :D :lol: :lol:

^^^ hahahha, good one. (mind begins to wander thinking of a portable collapsable stand....)

Back