BH folding bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not Rat-Rodish, but all the experts view this forum. Picked this early 80's BH, made in Spain, folding bike for a quick flip to support my vintage bike habit. Anyone know anything about these? I put a tube in it, disassembled/cleaned/greased it up and it's ready to go. Any thoughts on value?
5b8ca5da6f8ed017d036b1f60085a514.jpg
a70209491355d788eab3a1b817a7fe37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of that one. Is that a 3 speed derailleur?
I doubt there is any collectable value to it, but it would still have value of a decent 3 speed city bike.
Depends on your market, but I would guess $80-150.

I got a folding bike last summer for $30. I considered this a good deal as you don't run into folders too often. It was a bundle job. I bought 5 bikes from him to get the price down. Two folders, a 70s Evans cruiser, a 70s Huffy cruiser and a 1930s Woman's Hawthorn cruiser in beautiful shape with new tires. He wanted $30 each for the cruisers and $40 each for the folders. I got the cruisers for $25 each and the folders for $30 each. I sold the Evans and the Huffy the next day for $25 each after playing musical parts and exchanging seats, pedals and a few other odds and ends. I think he could have sold these old folders from the 60s to the local poorer boaters for probably $50 each. The folders had good tires and everything worked but they were not in as good a shape as yours and they are both single speeds, one coaster and one with a BMX type freewheel. I think $80 would be the absolute top end here. Most local bike junkies are elitist and want technology here or else they are cheap and want to get a used bike like this for cheap or else they will pass. We got the wealthy and the poor here. The 1970s mens cruisers are going for $50 here but you only run across about 2 a year. The police auction has become a bust as it is not worth going to as they are starting their bidding at $75 and up and donate what they don't sell to the poor or to community bike programs.

Back