Bicycle Hospital

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
After the Indy show GTCOMA & I went to this bicycle shop. We walked in & asked the man behind the counter if he has any old bikes or parts that he would like to sell & he said no. So we look around the shop a bit & he comes up out of the basement with some old tires he just found & then tells us there is one bike he'd like to show us in the basement. We get down the basement & it's filled with old bikes, boxes & boxes of old parts & hundreds of tires. I asked about several bikes & he would say "I'll sell that on ebay". Then I asked about another bike & he says make an offer. He would give no prices & he was very short & rude with us. Finally I get a price of $100 on the 3 speed Schwinn with the tank but was so fed up with this guy that we just left. You couldn't pay me to buy anything from this shop!!!
P6050011.jpg

P6050012.jpg

P6050013.jpg

P6050014.jpg

P6050015.jpg

P6050016.jpg

P6050017.jpg

I like the store front decorations, a dodge tailgate and a sign being held up by a bucket :lol:

Schwinnspastic said:
I've been in around the bike hobby for a long time and meet people with all types of personalities ,
I'll bet he thinks like a lepricon and thats his pot of gold your trying to steal ! :mrgreen:
Yeah, one of the first things he asked us was if we were from Memory Lane. I think he didn't want us coming in & try to buy his stuff & resell.

Rusty is right. This guy was extremely unpleasant. I would not waste my time with going to this guy ever again. Unfortunately, i think this is a case where somebody will have to pass away or the business will have to shut down before any of these parts are unleashed to the market again.

too put a little more salt in the wound, he also had boxes of new old stock BMX stuff too, Pads, tires etc... I even found some blue with gumwall 26" bmx tires, but they were covered with roof tar from a leaking ceiling.

oddly enough, if you bought something from them, they were offering free tomato plants out of the back of their van...

and i felt bad for a couple of young kids that brought their bikes in for repairs. They were super cheap old walmart bikes that should have been scraped, but they charged them $199 to fix them up. (new tires and tubes, adjust various items, etc..) They would have been much better off putting that money into new bikes.

that stinks. i like the patina of the store front(minus the ghetto bucket rigging) :lol: . it looks like it coulda been a cool old shop. and a cool hangout. is that a whizzer and was this still in indy?

thesuicideride said:
that stinks. i like the patina of the store front(minus the ghetto bucket rigging) :lol: . it looks like it coulda been a cool old shop. and a cool hangout. is that a whizzer and was this still in indy?
It's just a bike with a japanese 80cc motor on it & yes it's in Indy

I hate that kind of stupid people.

If you're jealous and selfish and just want stuff for yourself keep it in your garage.
If you're proud of your stuff and want to show it off, open a museum.
If you want to help others get into the hobby, meet nice people and make a living from it, then open a shop.

I found a hole in the wall used bikes and parts place here in Phoenix; the owner was a pleasant and almost deaf old guy; nice to deal with him I bought a couple things. Too bad most of the complete bikes he had were not really collectible or interesting.

I'm from Indy and went in there with pictures of my bikes asking if the guy would have parts to sell for my projects. He is a real space cadet and was trying to talk me into some health diet. I have no idea where all that came from. I just wanted some tires and sprockets. Haven't been back in over a year. Darn shame too because it sure saves shipping buying local.

I've passed by the place a hundred times and always wanted to check it out. My wife is from Indy so we go quite a bit. Guess we'll keep passing by.

Back