Bicycles and mass transit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'am fascinated with bicycles and trains.I recently rode the Metrolink in Southern California.They have a whole lower level of a train car just for bicycles.
I would like to hear your thoughts about bicycles and mass transit.
I posted some pictures if the train cars
ja4ydepe.jpg
u6u2a5yr.jpg
bebuhy3e.jpg
ny5apyhe.jpg

I bike BART all the time, they ban you during commute hours tho, so you gotta plan and go before/after commute on weekdays.. :p

I ride tha bus (3 buses) to work mon - fri and 9 outa 10 times theres no spot for my bike (only 2 spots). Plus i only got a one mile walk @ each end, so a bike is pointless anyhoo. Would like to bring em to show em off but aint worth the hassle.

schwinnless said:
I ride tha bus (3 buses) to work mon - fri and 9 outa 10 times theres no spot for my bike (only 2 spots). Plus i only got a one mile walk @ each end, so a bike is pointless anyhoo. Would like to bring em to show em off but aint worth the hassle.
I see how u r. Fight for ur flip flops. But not ur bike. :oops: oh the shame :lol:

schwinnless said:
I see how u r. Fight for ur flip flops. But not ur bike. :oops: oh the shame :lol:

I ride the METRA into Chicago for our monthly rides . They block bikes on big event days and during rush hour. Bikes can go on the side of the car with a row of jump seats I just set behind the bike and hang on to it. Pretty painless.
Gary

We use the Coaster (very similar bike setup to Metrolink) in North San Diego county to extend cruiser rides, one fave is take it downtown to the Santa Fe Depot then board a the ferry at Broadway(no charge for bikes) cross to Coronada Island ride around there awhile then hit Coronado Brewery(Idiot double IPA, yum), ferry back, train and home, mostly soberish by that time.

Most of the bus lines around here have these giant bike racks on the front of the bus so its no problem taking your bike along for the bus ride

Back