big box store bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on topic. :idea: :wink:

bike2048.jpg

MR TIKI said:
I've just checked out Walmart's bike collection online and compared to what is on offer this side of the pond you guys get much more bang for your buck.high end bikes that you'd want to hang on the wall as art or cheap imports that are uninspiring are mostly available here. I'd love to have the same big box options as Walmart offer because as long as your frame is sound the quality of ride is up to you.

as for Smart cars,check this crash test out,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxmiV2PFluM
I really like the Smart concept but,it appears if you crash one at speed you'd be lucky to survive as burger meat let alone a functioning human being!

Bryan

Looks like it did it's job very well if you ask me....

The problem is the sudden reversal of travel direction, a source of major internal organ/spinal injury. You do not want see what a cargo trailer undercarriage does to one of these. There are worse. My bike for instance. :mrgreen:
Drive carefully and happy cycling.

If anyone thinks a Dumb Car is an economical feat, a blessing of the day, etc etc . . . you need to investigate what cars 35-40 years ago were capable of doing. Then , maybe, you will realize what a joke this "car" is.

I think a lot of the complaints about Wally bikes etc. come from poor assembly. Then there's the Next bikes that are a little on the cheap side but even so, they are good enough for kids starting out if properly set up. Most people are casual riders and aren't about to blow $2,000 or more on a bike. The big Box bikes serve a purpose and if not for them a lot of people wouldn't begin riding and moving up to better bikes later on. Seeing bikes at Walmart is what got me back into biking and exploring the market and buying a Specialized Rockhopper. I like the Rockhopper but most of my biking is still done on the Walmart bikes.[/quote]
Amen I have a few W.W bikes an they ride as good as my Schwinn but my Trec does work better than my buddies W.W mongoose its not the assembly on those its the bike

If I were to buy a box store bike new today, I would take the whole thing apart and rebuild it with proper grease and adjustment. At least I would know for a fact that each nut and bolt was installed by me. A box store bike is still a good inexpensive starting point. People who will eventually get more into it will either go the expensive bike way or the used/rebuild route. These cheap bikes will eventually die since they have nothing in common quality wise on the whole with box store bikes from 15 years ago.

deven_science said:
petesponies said:
Smart cars are far from it . . . I call them Dumb cars. They are horrible and anyone who wastes money on them ought to have their head examined. Plain and simple . what a joke.

Maybe I should have my head examined, then, but I love my Smart. It's a fun car to zoom around in (not that you ZOOM, exactly, more putt).

I don't drive a Smart, but I would if they'd offered the Diesel engine here in the States. A proper manual, with a clutch, would've been nice, too. But, I think we all gotta appreciate a sub-$12k auto with RWD being sold in the USA today.

Back