big frame/small tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a female frame that had some 26 fat whitewalls on it that I bought for parts just laying around. I also have a roddy seafarer with some smaller tires and not much going on with it. I'm thinking it'd look pretty cool slammed to the ground, but im wondering if there would be any problems before I even attempt. I'm thinking clearance of the crank would be the main concern, but besides that I'm blank

any help is appreciated

go for it :D but use the smaller crank from the small bike on the larger one. just keep your feet level while turning :p

Is there any issues with a 3 piece crank?

please could you post a photo of your seafarer before you use it
i ask because i have a roddy seafarer over here in England and i've never seen another before

thanks
sam

well I already stole the banana seat from the seafarer, but you'll get the idea. quick edit so i apologize for the lighting

dsc0379.jpg

I think you should make it ridable and sell it. that is in great condition. you can always find 20'' wheels for your project

how old is that thing, mine is a male version and is in a much worse condition

Image146.jpg

it also been repainted in black, the original paint is there albeit rusted out
it was found at the side of the road in england about 20 years or so ago with no handlebars or front wheel, this is it now, unrestored and in a real ratty condition :)

cool thanks dude, it would fit it being around that age (old enough to throw out when my friend picked it up off the side of the road :) )

snfargle said:
cool thanks dude, it would fit it being around that age (old enough to throw out when my friend picked it up off the side of the road :) )

Haha, I have acquired many old bikes the same way :mrgreen:

Back