BIG RED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I get an email from my Uncle Paul (Uncle Stretch) a few weeks ago asking me if I want the mini bike he built on the forum last year. All I have to do is drive down to Houston and pick it up. Well, I'm sure you can guess how long it took me to decide on that offer. :13:

My daughter and I made the 4.5 hour trip down yesterday to pick it up. Spent some time hanging out at his place and then we loaded it up and headed back home to Dallas. Was a long day of driving, but was worth it.

Only thing it needs is the carburetor cleaned after sitting for a year and it will be good to go.

Here's his build thread in case you'd like to see some of Uncle Stretch's magic...

bigred001_low.jpg

bigred002_low.jpg

Here's a quick video of me riding it around with the choke half on. The carb has crud in it still so it only wants to run half choked. Should run a lot faster once I get that sorted out. I think Uncle Stretch said he thought it would do 35-40mph. Mainly just wanted yall to see the size of this thing. Calling it a "mini" bike just isn't right. :21:

My uncle never gives me cool stuff like that, I'm gonna have to have a talk with him.

Looks like it would be a blast to ride.

Cool video, I remember watching that build.
Hope that U.S. is doing well.

Ah Yah ,now seeing you sitting on it gives a better perspective of the size of that bad boy .. Very Kool , I think i would have defiantly made the drive also..

~Rafael~

Awesome! That's an easy carb to clean.

Yeah...you'd think it would be. :21:

There's only two parts to really clean and I did both...twice. Still has to have the choke on to run.

I dropped a whopping $20 on a brand new carb off of Ebay so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Will also be draining the tank and putting fresh gas in then too.

Gave up on the original carb and ordered a new one for $20 shipped off of Ebay and it arrived within 3 days. Popped it on this morning and it runs like it should now. :D

Shot this video this morning...when I pass by I'm running about 30-35mph and there's more left to go.

Made a few changes this weekend. First I bought a new more rounded front tire which made a YUGE difference in the turning capabilities. Well, then I had to buy a matching rear tire. Got those installed and then painted all of the bars and hardware black to match the rest of the color scheme. Just need to figure out what to put on the number plate now.

bigred001.jpg

bigred002.jpg

bigred003.jpg

Made a few changes this weekend. First I bought a new more round front tire which made a huge difference in the turning capabilities. Well, then I had to buy a matching rear tire. Got those installed and then painted all of the bars and hardware black to match the rest of the color scheme. Just need to figure out what to put on the number plate now.

View attachment 16186
View attachment 16187
View attachment 16188
4.5 hours to pick it up, assuming 4.5 hours to get it home? Put a 9 on the plate for the round trip.

Latest posts

Back