Big Truck/ Bike Concept

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a part time tractor trailer driver and have always loved the big rigs. What do you think of this concept?

BikeTruck.jpg

Aaron

I love it.

Have you considered a trailer to go with it?

I was thinking to make it handle better (keep the center of gravity lower) move the fifth wheel down low behind the rear wheel (stinger steered position) and have a set up like the car transporters use.

Then you could haul a load of little trikes or sidewalk bikes. :D

cool idea ACD !!!, whatabout a rear fender that will cover both rear wheels, love them long fenders on the real deals, be cool for anoter idea if you had gas tank too and made it up like a cab & chassis tanker truck. you could use it to water the lawn :lol: I like the styles of the long hood Petes the best but i think a mack bulldog emblem is in order here. 8)

PS one of those heineken keg cans would make a cool substitute for a mini tank IMO

Too cool!! I like CCR's fuel tank idea...but i think it needs to be insulated and double as an ice chest full of beer!!

ACD .... GET outta my brain! :lol: I have been thrashing this idea around for quite awhile. I like your design, very cool. You need to fit a fog machine in there somewhere and pipe it into the smokestacks!
We must never meet in person, we think toooooooo much alke!

ACD,I've kicked around an inline 3 wheeler idea myself,then gave it up thinking that design could NEVER turn/steer correctly/safely.

Hopefully you can prove me wrong.

Hopefully I can pull something out of my derriere this winter/spring when my friend moves back to town. (The guy from Midas with the flaming Rat). I wondered about the handling of such a bike myself and will probably try to make it out of some crappy Wally World Rear suspension bikes so the wheels have some movement. This is nothing though... I also want to dream up a bike that is remniscent of an 1800's Steam locomotive in 0-4-4 like the engines in the famous transcontinental railroad pics where they drive the spike. Now configuring a bike with tandem rear 26" wheels and tandem 12" wheels in front that you pedal from the rear with cowcatcher and smokestack .... now we are talking engineering genious. Chainsaw we should get together... I need help! :roll:

Aaron

ACD wrote, "Chainsaw we should get together... I need help!"

Do you really think the world is ready for us?

I think the truck idea is awesome, but I too wondered about the controlling aspect. Would dual tandem rearends be any better? Especially if only one set drives and the other has right and left side brakes.
Please remember I aint right and sometimes I babble for the thrill of talking! :mrgreen:

Anything I can help with, give me a yell.

BR&K has an article on making a double rim, it has two rims on one hub! That would be over the top for the 2 back wheels on that bike! And that IS a crazzzzzzy design, I love it!!!!! :mrgreen:

ACD
i like i like...
why not use a full suspension mountian bike rear triangle for the back back wheel...
if the back wheel can pivot in a vertical plane it should allow it to hug the road in a corner...
i don't know...
but this concept has me thinking i may need to start looking for some parts...
just what i need...
more bikes...

mike...

lowbike1 said:
thats so rad! I've been thinking about building a bike with a car body over it, like a really skinny car... some day I'll build it.. this reminded me of that :lol:
I've had the same idea in my head but it is not clear yet. I want to build something big that is pedal powered just to pi$$ off people on the road. :mrgreen:

Is it time for a BIG BIKE build off? :D

Aaron

Latest posts

Back