BigHarley from California

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I should of done this about 2 months ago but i was so happy to finally have a place to come to that was exactly like me that i just over looked it!
My name is Harley and I live in Antioch Ca or the East part of the San Francisco bay area. I have been around Vintage bikes all my life and love them to death. I have had over 300 bikes personally since i was 8 years old. Also when i was younger i would ride for days(literally) around Sacramento on vintage Schwinn's seeing all the historical land marks and points of interest. To this day i think there is only 10 places i have not been to on a Schwinn in Sacramento.
My uncle is a very frugal man so every Saturday we would get up and the crack of dawn and hit at least 25 yard sales and rummage sales and i would come home every weekend with a minimum of 10 bikes ranging from sting rays to 21 speeds. Deseret Inc had a sale every 2 weeks and if you went in the back they had a yard filled 40 feet tall of ol bikes and there were only 2 rules. 1) any part or tool 2 bucks, 2) any whole bike 5 bucks and this was around the early 90's! By the time i was 10 i could service a sturmey archer 3 speed blind folded. Oh how i miss those days.
Now since the economy died i am unemployed and i go to school full time to be a appliance repair tech so i can continue to buy bikes that i grew up with and sadly the only bikes that can hold my weight. Im a big guy 6 ft 3 with 400 lbs and i love all 3 of my bikes. wish i could afford more! Thats why i love this site so much. When i have money i end up spending it here because i see all the beautiful bikes and i just want to buy them all.
Now Im pretty broke and come from a great home but money has always been an issue so i try to give back what people have helped me with by making a few bikes around Christmas time and donating them to really needy kids. I cant afford it but thats how im wired... I love to help people.
here is one of my bikes!
61searsbike.jpg

heres another!
IMAG0105.jpg

my son on one of his bikes
IMAG0175.jpg

and here is a pic of me its a little old like 2 years but now you see y i like old bikes....Quality made, they last for 50 plus years!
DSCF0232.jpg

Well i guess i should get back to studying if you would like to know more about me simply ask!

Hey Harley welcome to the site. I'm in Rio Vista, about 20 min drive away from you. My best buddy lives in Antioch too. I like your bikes, and thats cool that you fix up bikes for kids at xmas. See you in the threads. :)

Drew

Harley..Welcome !! I am out of Manteca, but come down to Antioch once a year for Billetproof...your gonna love this place..beautiful bikes..lotta style !! Good to see the passing of the torch to the next generation !!

Latest posts

Back