Bike addiction

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I figured out how to know for sure that I am now addicted to bicycles.

I was out washing my car in the driveway yesterday and the weather here in Houston was sunny and in the mid 70's so as you might imagine, lots of folks were out bike riding.

I saw several different ladies ride by my house on their bikes and rather than looking at the ladies to see what they looked like I caught myself checking out their bikes to see what kind they were, what shape they were in, single speed or multispeed, wide tires or narrow tires, etc.

Okay, so now I know I'm officially addicted!! :D

Oh, and to top it off, Paul sent me an CL ad for a cheap ladies single speed cruiser out close to where I live so I immediately jumped in the car and went to buy it.

I got there and didn't even ride it - I just looked at it and thought "okay, chrome on the rims is decent, nice handlebars and stem, good chrome crank and sprocket. It's worth that much for the parts". :lol:

So that also confirmed I'm addicted. What can I say.

i started working at the sacramento bicycle kitchen as a volunteer. i spend 3 or 4 days a week building bikes for free, and giv them to whoever i pick. it's a blast and i have access to a stash of a couple hundred bikes and parts for free. and i keep my promise to myself of only one prsonal bike.

Garylee, that's a great deal. I know there are a lot of kids and also adults who can't afford a bike that would love someone to give them a free one.

To some it may even be the difference between being able to work or not work - since they have no other mode of transportation to get back and forth to a job.

Keep up the good work.

Now I can dig on some bikes, but sorry guys, chicks first! lol, I know what you are saying, I watched Pee-Wee's Big adventure today just to see some cool bikes!

Actually I bought the bike in the morning and didn't wash my car until the afternoon.

But the driving fast to dry it off thing sounds like a good idea.

Wait a minute, I did that one time when I was in college. Had a '64 Stingray at the time and I left the car wash and ran through 2 or 3 gears and blew right past some motorcycle cops waiting on a side street. Last time I used that method of car drying!!

Oooooh I remember the car so well. 327...365hp.....4speed....white fastback....it screamed. I was 17 at the time and he use to let me drive it when he didn't want me at the house. It was deffinatly fast.Old memories...ha ha

rather than looking at the ladies to see what they looked like I caught myself checking out their bikes to see what kind they were

you need help!

anybody know what kind of bike this is :roll:

model-on-bike-1007-lg.jpg

I will admit to checking out bike racks

lol

FW

CCR said:
electra amsterdam, those coat guards are nifty :wink:
That is actually a skirt guard CCR and from the looks of here skirt, it didn't work too good in her case. Mind you I'm not sad about it. :mrgreen:

ooohhhh i see, :oops: i thought that was a poka-dotted mudguard at first too, til schwinnspastic pointed out it was a seat cover, boy do i feel silly :oops:

:mrgreen:

Back