Bike Collection

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this forum along with the "other" Schwinn forum also. I'm not sure what a "RAT ROD" Bike is but I'm sure I will find out quickly. Anyway, I thought I would present My name......sambo883 and soon post some photo's of My own collection of bicycles. My collection consist's of people throwing them out; yard sales; giving them to me; and purchasing a few. All I do is clean them up, replace the chain/s and tire/s. Then the test ride. Honestly, I dont get really involved like most of you do as far as tearing apart etc. Just a good cleaning and I'm off. I have a 40' trailer that I keep them in all hanging up and my last count was....36....38...er, or was it 40? ...., I forgot, got to go count them again!
REAL STEEL!
sambo883

What is a Rat Rod?

The term Rat Rod has traditionally been used by hot rodders to describe cars that have been cobbled together from different old parts. They tend to have ruff paint jobs and flat black is usually the color of choice. They have large white wall tires and minimal interiors. It's all about building something cool on a budget.

Lately this trend has carried over into the world of motorcycles and bicycles. They are cheap to build, fun to ride and it doesn't matter if they get scratched!!!

Here's a good definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_rod

Here is a site that really captures the essence of Rat Rodding http://www.ratrodsusa.com/gallery.html

gall_13.JPG

gall_10.JPG

Here is a early picture of my collection. This is only about a third of what I have now. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 bikes.........

BARN_001.jpg

CptDunsel said:
Here is a early picture of my collection. This is only about a third of what I have now. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 bikes.........

BARN_001.jpg

Hey you would happen to be selling any thing out of your stash? I am loooking for a post war mens project. Dont have anything in mind, but just looking for an oddball. Let me know at [email protected] Thanks

Hey CaptDunsel,

I think I just found you a new user name...Pack Rat Rod...ha ha!

That is one serious collection my friend. I can see many a cool bike emerging from that garage!

How long have you been collecting bikes?

I've been at it for almost 10 years or so. I went through and got rid of a bunch of junkers as I didn't have anymore storage space. Mostly old lightweights and mountain bikes I had around for parts. That new handle fits me pretty good...lol.

As far as anything for sale, I would have to look in the storage, and in my parts pile and see what I have. I know I have an old Monark and a Spaceliner or 2 that need help. I'll let you know.......
Thanks-

Hey send me some pics of the Monark and spaceliner to [email protected]
I love to see the pic, thanks

Zombie thread extravaganza!!!!! This is the oldest one on the board....and it includes Steve himself, breaking the cardinal rule of RRB etiquette!!!
:android::rockout::comando::113::android:

Mr. Flying Zombie inspired me to dig even deeper in dem crates......

LOL well I'm sure he broke the cardinal rule because it probably wasn't a problem back then and therefore quite possibly not a rule at the time. I haven't been on this site long but long enough to see threads go out of control over debating Rat Rod or features of them..... Frankly I'm thankful they nuke those post. I for one don't care to read posts of a bunch of grown men getting bent out of shape over bicycles.

Oh, no doubt that post came long before that rule.... I think the forum was like 3 days old at that point. I totally "get" the rule about defining "ratrod bikes", but i also recognize the strangeness of a forum about a topic that the users are forbidden to define.

Just to be clear: I didn't resurrect this thread b/c Steve defined Rat Rod Bikes in it. I resurrected it b/c it's the oldest thread on the "Bike Talk" board.... it just so happens that the definition was there. :113:

Oh NP, I never thought you brought it back because of that. I figured it was because the post was the first or close to the first post. Compared to other bike forums it is odd to not allow certain discussions but I myself don't like many of those other forums. The way people are treated on some of them with different from mainstream bike interests is not for me. But I'm in the minority because I realize many like to argue and ridicule. I call it the Internet/Keyboard Rambo syndrome. It's easy to treat people badly via the web but most probably wouldn't do the same face to face. Civil debates is something totally different but it seems bicycle debates have a tendency to become uncivil quickly which I don't understand.

I've been to some forums where ppl seem far more interested in argument than the ostensible topic, to the point where they try to call you out and "win" on some sort of technicality that's almost entirel;y unrelated to the actual discussion. I think the internet needs something along the lines of an argumentsforum.com...
Oh, wait! Looky here: http://www.argumentclinic.co.uk/
I thought this was "cool", too... http://www.urban75.com/Mag/argument.html I've seen these tactics a whole lot, elsewhere....

Latest posts

Back