bike forums too many?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Do you guy's think there are too many bike forums that are similar?

I go regularly to ratrod, freakbike and chopperbicycle.net,

A lot of times I see the same post at the 3 places! most of the regular user's of freakbike and ratrod are the same people.

chopperbicycle.net got a group of its own, a few users go to the other forums. but when it comes to ratrod and freakbike it's mostly the same post and user's at both places...

I undertsand that each forum is a different category of bikes, but all forums accepts other categories too... in the end if we see the same bikes everywhere anyway i feel it's useless to have all theses forums!

I'm saying this all in respect to the ones working to get theses forums running..

opinions?

I visit those other boards, but I like this one the best. The set up is great, users for the most part are friendly. Chopperbicycl.net's layout seems screwy, the newest message is at the top, and I don't like that. Freakbike sometimes seems over the top to me, and quite a few of their bikes just make absolutely NO kind of sence to ride. So even though they are all similar, they are not. Not trying to sound like a butt kisser, but this IS the best bicycle message board.

nope, im here, im on "the others" too but rarely check em. guess its just a matter of where do you feel comfortable. im not knockin the other forums either, just sayin to me, this place has everything i need.

its hard enough keepin up with all the new posts, if you lump em all together i dont think it would be as friendly as what we got here. kinda like bikeforums.net, that one is huge !!! but it feels like walkin around in a wholesale warehouse er somethin

this is the only forum i go on anymore, chopperbicycle is a ghost town compared to this place, and the stuff on freakbike is hard to build without a welder, so i get most of my inspiration from the ratrods.

O.K. guys and gals here's my opinion, not that it means anything. :lol:
I love this forum! It's my favorite. I like RRB because of the closeness of its members and the idea of taken a stock framed bike and "rockin the world" with very creative add-ons! I do get upset when I see choppers posing as Rat Rods and I don't like to see chop and drops on this site! But that's just my opinions.

Chopperbicycle has some great people and some of the best fabrication anyone could ask for! But it sometimes gets in the way of itself and creates more problems than it's worth. I scope it out from time to time, but I don't live there anymore, this is my home!

Now the FreakBike board! Gigs and I inherited the board thru reasons that I won't bore you with. It needs to develope into it's own creature. Gigs and I plan on doing some major things in the coming months and we hope you guys check it out. But until then your stuck (or not :wink: ) with how it is. We will try to get more into the stuff that it should represent instead of a little of everything. The actual website was originally intended to be more of a FreakBike info site. The messageboard was defintely an after thought.

So are there too many boards? Yes and no! Each board feeds off the others. Lots of guys came to RRB from chopperbicycle, because they saw the comradary on this board. Members of this board went to the other two because they were interested in some of the wilder stuff. So if we could get out of the habit of posting the same stuff on all the boards, then we could all stay up evry night reading every post on every board! :p
I am quilty of the infectious posting that all three forums suffer from and I promise not to do this anymore, cause it is a pain in the butt to see the same crap on every board.

Thanks,
Chainsaw

i occasionally got to the schwinn site still.........but if it wasnt for that place i wouldnt have found this site.... so ,i do have something positive to say about it :shock:

being into most styles of bikes I find something of interest in all of the forrums I visit and yes sometimes I see the same things posted on
a few of them but I also see the same type of multiple postings on fishing forums I guess some just live boring lives and dont have a lot to say so they say the same things over and over.... yada yada yada :D
I guess my answer is "no, I dont think there are too many forrums" . just to many people with very little to say.

As far as bike forums go, this is my favorite. I look at other sometimes, once in a great while post on the Schwinn forum, ( I see some of the same posts here and there also) but I don't like the totalitarian Pacific regime that oversees it. It's a good resource and nothing against the users. I like this forum because of the clean set-up, it's fast, user friendly, like the people on it and I just can't imagine joining yet ANOTHER forum, board, etc....too much going on for that.

I also like that the topics are really all encompasing here. There's literally a place for everything and you can actually find stuff!

Yep, same here I consider this my forum home. Lots of good ideas, creative use of materials, and old bikes. Not to mention the people on here are all helpful with problems, and are just plain nice, and do a good job of keeping politics out of the site.

is there ever sucha thing as to manny bikes? :wink:
this is the only forum i belong to really b/c of the clean content and all that jazz
my mom would flip over some of the other forums
and i can't imagine tryin to keep up on more than one
it is sometimes hard on here
great site Steve!!!!! :mrgreen:

CBN and RRB are apples and oranges. CBN is for fab'd stuff, here is for bolt-together creations. It's that simple. I do get a bit grumpy at people who post fab'd bikes on this site, because that really belongs on CBN - with the exception of ghost-resto stuff, ala tandems etc. It is easy as falling off a bike to check new posts on both sites, in fact they both have a check new post function, so as long as you're a member and logged in, you dont have to go searching. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and RRB will take over from CBN, forum populations do drift, does anyone else remember Kustom Cruisers on MSN? CBN replaced that yonks ago.

I still wear mine proudly. I completely agree with lurker. For me this site has taken the place of KC. BTW thanks Randy for posting your photo thread with some of the old KC bikes on it, I miss the Mopar bike, 36 would fit right in here...Kelly

I'm a member of the BMX community, belong to almost every forum on the NET. They all have the good and bad in their own little way. I call BMXMuseum.com my home. That's how i found this place, with a little help from KEV (anyone every heard of this guy?). This forum has the same vibe as Museum to me, that friendly, non-purist attitude. Don't think i've every seen anyone on here post comments like "That stem doesn't go with those handlebars" or "That's the wrong ______ for that bike, here look at this catalog pic". I've always been a PARTS builder, which means, the parts that i have in my garage go on the bike i'm building at the time (era correct or not). Hopefully soon i will have my first RAT to show ya'll (that's TEXAN for "everyone" or if your up North "Youz Guyz"). I DIG THIS PLACE! :D

Like it here. Comfortable and safe and practicle.

Too many forums?....No....each forum is different and unique....i check all 3 daily....and the bottom line for me is that they are all custom bikes. whether you are bolting on parts or doing a full blown fab...they are KUSTOM. We are all cut from the same cloth...WE REFUSE TO RIDE STOCK.....So to see the different groups slamming each other or cuttting down another groups style i find highly annoying. Rat, Cruiser, Chopper, Lowrider, Freakbike....they are all good and all have a place in the Kustom world. So whether you bolt chop cut weld...get out there and ride and show the world your unique style.

Back