Bike grease

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on tearing into this old bike and re-greasing the crank and goose neck/fork area. My dad has this old and I mean like 20 year old container of car wheel bearing grease in the garage that I'm thinking of using. Does this stuff go bad after certain periods of time?

I have used black all-purpose grease, Hi-Temp auto wheel bearing grease, white lithium grease, and some blue grease I found in the rail car prep area at work.

I keep one of these "Cajun Injector" syringes filled with grease handy when I am working on bikes, just throw the needle away and use the plastic part. I can lay a nice bead of grease right in the races, fill the gap between bearings in cages, and it lets me put the right amount of grease where I want it and stay clean at the same time. I saw them at Lowes yesterday for a couple bucks, but I usually get mine at the grocery store attached to a jar of liquid seasoning.

injector-original.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
I have used black all-purpose grease, Hi-Temp auto wheel bearing grease, white lithium grease, and some blue grease I found in the rail car prep area at work.

I keep one of these "Cajun Injector" syringes filled with grease handy when I am working on bikes, just throw the needle away and use the plastic part. I can lay a nice bead of grease right in the races, fill the gap between bearings in cages, and it lets me put the right amount of grease where I want it and stay clean at the same time. I saw them at Lowes yesterday for a couple bucks, but I usually get mine at the grocery store attached to a jar of liquid seasoning.

injector-original.jpg

WOW I don't know why I didn't think of this! Great idea, we sell syringes at my work I'll have to pick some up!

Latest posts

Back