Bike I cleaned up for my mom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My goal was to put something together for my mom that would get her around the hilly neighborhood and local bike path with comfort. My friend had this bike hanging up in his garage and his wife wouldnt ride it anymore, so she donated it to the cause.

I spent the last few days polishing up parts, replacing the drop bars with these up-rights, and the "race" saddle with this one Wingman donated to aid moms comfort. I think it's relatively attractive and nice riding. Looking forward to giving it to her:

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

You're a GOOD boy!.......................Looks nice.

Looks sweet but give mom some chrome fenders..
bhu001.jpg

Speed2XS, your Mom will be proud(er) of you! Are those 26's? If so, where did you get the tires? They look new. I need some 26x1 1/4'' white walls for my Schwinn Racer, hard to find white walls for these Schwinn rims.

I have the men's 27" version (20" seat tube if I recall correctly) sitting in my parent's basement. Strong, straight, and not too heavy. I'm too tall, they're too old, I have an ATB that actually fits me, so I just air the tires and check the chain every month or two. If somebody wants it, I live in VA-pm me.

Quanah said:
Speed2XS, your Mom will be proud(er) of you! Are those 26's? If so, where did you get the tires? They look new. I need some 26x1 1/4'' white walls for my Schwinn Racer, hard to find white walls for these Schwinn rims.

She was super happy to get it. it's a classy bike for a classy lady. regarding the wheels, fortunately for me the wheels are 27's. Are the 26x1-3/8's too wide for your purpose? Those seem to be much more common.

deorman said:
I have the men's 27" version (20" seat tube if I recall correctly) sitting in my parent's basement. Strong, straight, and not too heavy. I'm too tall, they're too old, I have an ATB that actually fits me, so I just air the tires and check the chain every month or two. If somebody wants it, I live in VA-pm me.

If you were close to me I'd buy it from you. :)

Quanah said:
Speed2XS, 26 x 1 3/8'', too wide?, absolutely not. The only ones I've seen in 1 1/4'' or 1 3/8'', whitewalls, have been on Fleabay, and usually WAY overpriced! Niagara Cycle Works has these http://www.niagaracycle.com/product_inf ... s_id=12255, although the pic shows a blackwall. Thats probably the route I'll go.

Thats where I was going to suggest. Niagara has great prices if you have a large enough order to negate the shipping. Shipping to CA starts at about $10 for a pair of tires, so i always pad my order to maximize shipping. It works for them and it works for me, everybody is happy.

Maybe shipping to IL is less since you're closer?

Back