"Bike Jammer"- Bike Stereo & Halogen Headlight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have made a number of postings about bicycle radios before. I just acquired probably the best and most functional bike radio ever made. The "Bike Jammer" was made from 1993 until 2003, when the company went out of business. It is housed in a fairing similar to a motorcycle fairing with a halogen headlight on the front and twin speakers facing to the rear. It has an AM/FM Stereo receiver as well as an auxiliary input. Power is supplied by a rechargeable 9.6-volt NiCad battery, such as those found on RC models. I had one of these about 25 years ago and later regretted parting with it when I sold the bike. For years I searched Ebay for a replacement without success. So, you can imagine my delight when one popped up on Ebay. Without hesitation I bought it.

I tore open the box when it arrived. It turned out to be NOS, everything wrapped in pristine plastic. Carefully unwrapping it, all the parts were there. My only concern was that the NiCad battery would be dead after 25 years. The battery had no charge, but I took a chance and plugged it in to the charger. I carefully monitored the battery for overheating from time to time. I may be a senior citizen, but my hearing is extremely acute. I heard a faint sizzling/crackling sound coming from the battery. Nope- not even warm to the touch. After charging came the moment of truth. The halogen light shines with a bright amber glow. The radio works on AM/FM with loud, clear resonant tones. I plugged in a Sony Mini Disc and played hours of 1950's R&R. One more bike radio to add to my collection.

Bike Jammer Light_Stereo.jpg
Bike Jammer.jpg

Back