Bike siren

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bike picking has been slim lately, I have heard about this siren from a guy for a while and he finally ran across it. Had to have it when I seen it, ended up trading a set of new mountain bike pedals and a seat for it. Don't know anything about it, it spins freely but no sound.

Nice looking siren and with a a lot of potential of restoring. I have one my self and fully chromed.
The one thing missing is the chain to lower the siren to turn the siren impeller to make it's siren sound.
Here is my siren and you can see what parts are needed to make yours complete.

I have a couple of these now and still haven't mounted one on a fork to hear it. You won't be able to spin it fast enough by hand to test it. But you can hook a drill up to it.

I was polishing mine and simply touched the knurled end to the buffing wheel and the siren was a sreaming. Cracked us all up so we let er rip several times. "Warning, not a good idea to do it repetitivly when your wife is trying to ask you a question". Trust me, they have a hard time finding the humor - just sayin'

I was polishing mine and simply touched the knurled end to the buffing wheel and the siren was a sreaming. Cracked us all up so we let er rip several times. "Warning, not a good idea to do it repetitivly when your wife is trying to ask you a question". Trust me, they have a hard time finding the humor - just sayin'
LOL, I refinished a vintage police siren years ago and tested it out inside the house and yeah the wife didn't think it was to funny, I only had it hooked to 6 volts

LOL, I refinished a vintage police siren years ago and tested it out inside the house and yeah the wife didn't think it was to funny, I only had it hooked to 6 volts
Well then, can't leave a job 1/2 done....get a 12 V battery and ask your wife if she would help you determine which is louder and more piercing ... better be prepared to provide examples of both 6 &12v decibels....just to be on the safe side

Latest posts

Back