bike worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not sure if i'm supposed to post this here, but... i have 2 Schwinn 12 speed varsity's, on is ridable and the other has a better frame, both have wheel and tires. how mush do you think they could be worth? also i ahve a Schwinn 12 speed suburban with good original paint, rust free rims , new tires, new handlebar grips, but the front fork is black at the top where i had to bend it straight. what do you think it might be worth? also i have another suburban cruiser 3 speed with fenders( taken apart but can get back together...i think lol) any estimate on the wort of these might be? :mrgreen:

if you live near a college post them on craigslist its that time of year to really sell to college kids
school starts soon and they still have money lol
if they are all heavy steel framed bikes they dont have alot of value
but to college kids they are great transportation and they last years setting in the weather compared to a new cheap mountain bike that rusts up in a month

some varsitys are rare but only the early ones. where are the numbers and what are they? if you have an early one they are worth a bit more also color is important.

well i don't know the numbers i'll check tomorrow. but the suburban's are dark green and dark blue. the varsity's are light blue and dark red.

being 12 speeds the varsities are probably later models. the varsities have always been a lower end model. a good place to find out would be on bikeforums.net in the Classic and Vintage section. they will probably be able to give you a pretty good idea of what you cold get for them.

Back