Bikes and Strikes Event Coverage in Tn with Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got up bright and early this morning...loaded up my favorite bike and a few things for the swap meet and headed out to Murfreesboro Tn. The show was held at the Lanes, Trains and Automobiles bowling alley...a great place and fun for the whole family if you're ever in the area. I arrived and found the event was well planned...attendance was pretty good for a new event. Unfortunately between allergies and a hangover I didn't mingle or ride much, but I did set up next to fellow member "Cashman" and he sure had some nice pieces. He came all the way up from Alabama. I had a great time even though I felt like poo and left early. Ok...here's a few pics: :D

My junker. Not for sale but plenty of people asked

S6303731.jpg

There were plenty of bicycles for sale

S6303749.jpg

A pre-war bike

S6303754.jpg

One of Cashman's bikes...a JC Higgins. It sold fast

S6303753.jpg

S6303751.jpg

S6303765.jpg

I voted for this one

S6303766.jpg

Too bad this one wasn't for sale...it would look great in my gameroom

S6303760.jpg

S6303758.jpg

S6303756.jpg

And there ya go guys and gals. Thanks to Smoopy's for a great show...the end! 8)

S6303762.jpg

Had a good time today. Got some stripes on my wife's bike and did something I didn't plan on doing - bought two bikes. :lol:

Also picked up a springer fork, a few styles of handlebars, and had a good time.

Look forward to next year. :mrgreen:

Thanks to Smoopy and all his guys for putting on a great show!It was at a great venue too! The early morning rain had me concerned heading up there. Like it hadn't rained in two months? But the weather cleared out before the show. I had the pleasure of meeting up with several Rat Rod forum guys and gals. Just about every category of bikes was represented there. Joel came up from Birmingham and brought some historic old stuff as he always does. He won the prize for having the oldest bike. A Meade Ranger. There were lots of sweet BMX bikes and parts there. Bunches of original and restored antique bikes. Several custom fab jobs there. There were people there that had traveled from several surrounding states. I got to win a door prize! A carbon fiber BMX fork. Umm! Had a lot lighter load going home. Have to say it was a great day! Thanks!!!

Hey Thanks Predfan for posting all the pics. Any of you guys that might want to come to Birmingham, they are having the Barbers Motorsports Vintage Motorcycle Event and swapmeet October 8 - 10 at Barbers Motorsports Park in Leeds Alabama outside Birmingham. There will be some vintage bicycle stuff there too. Lots of vintage motorcycle and scooter stuff as well. They have vintage motorcycle racing too. You'll get to see some real boardtrackers duking it out on the track. Thanks!!!

The wife and I went to this show/swap meet and I didn't know that some of these bikes were for sale. They had no price tags on them. I guess next time I'll have to ask. I bought this bike there and did some work on it. My build (Faded Flyer)is probably the shortest in history since I like it this way. I was looking for a pic of that gold pimpin bike. Anyway heres the way my bike looks now. My wife thought I was crazy. But I think it was because my other bikes are in a lot better shape.
before
IMAG0043.jpg

after
SANY0002-7.jpg

Back