Bikes for "bigharley"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I'm not an "old baloon bikes" guy. I like 70's to 90's 3, 5, 10 speed. Specially road bikes.
Sometimes I can find cheaper bikes. For 10$ a Trek 620, a Trek 1000, a Trek 360, a Raleigh Superbe, all in almost mint condition.
Now I can buy around 50 bikes for 10-20$ each, but my garage is full. I have almost 60, and my wife said STOP.
So, I try to pick up only bikes higher quality.

Bikes higher quality I have now:
- 1988 Schwinn Voyageur
- a pair men/women Schwinn Varsity - 1965
- Schwinn Sports Tourer with Campanolo components - 1971 (no pics)
All are in a very good condition.
The Indian 3 speed has the frame completly rusty (no pics), The Columbia 3 speed is repaint black, the JC Higgins is in a better condition, they are hanging on the walls. Maybe the next year I will try to rebuild them...
Columbia

JC Higgins

Voyageur

Varsity men and woman

Where do you get bikes so cheap? can't do that in California I've been trying for years!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Columbia was free, Higgins 5$, no jokes
I bought the Trek 1000 at 5:30 in the morning at the Flea Market. The seller just came with his truck. I saw the brand, but was too dark to see the condition, but I paid the 10$ without thinking.
I sold the bike for 200 in the next days.
So, are you interested in the front wheel with generator from that Columbia?

love the higgy! and the generator hub on the Columbia! Nice scores
The generator on the front wheel is working, the bike has front and rear lights in working condition.
If you are interested in something, shoot me a message

Latest posts

Back