Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is so dope it should be illegal
360086847_10160616047140202_5275249073678181906_n.jpg

A Worksman heavy transport bike with spring loaded platform. So cool and useful....

View attachment 251367
Oh I'm familiar with those babies. I got to use one when I was in the QA department at the warehouse where I work. It's a fantastic machine, might have to "borrow" it again next time I'm in

A couple of nice Ritcheys, illustrating the difference between the two lines of frames he made.
In short, the “A” bikes featured better tubing and better finishing and were overall the best bang for your buck to leave the Ritchey workshop. The only bike that was higher-end than the Everest was the Competition. The “B” bikes were still marvels of the time and were priced much lower. In modern pricing terms, a complete Everest, or “A” bike in 1983 was $1,656. Adjusted for inflation, that comes out to roughly $4,865. Which is still a bargain by today’s standards. A Mount Tam, “B” bike complete was $925, or $2,717 in today’s pricing.
Level A1983-Ritchey-Everest-Mountain-Bike-3.jpg
https://theradavist.com/1983-ritchey-everest-mountain-bike-review/
Level B
Johns-1982-Ritchey-Tamalpais-Mountain-Bike-2.jpg

https://theradavist.com/1982-ritchey-tamalpais-review/

@BartRidesEternal this one made me think of you and your beautiful custom frame. I'm surprised how much I want it
IMG_20231116_112018.jpg

Also, because of the hilariousness, I shall share someone else's story of biking in the Netherlands:

I spent a few weeks working in Rotterdam and Den Hague a while back. I was on a night out with a friend and colleague who was cycling home afterwards whilst I walked back to my digs around the corner. we came out of the bar tea shop to find someone had removed his saddle. I was somewhat annoyed and assumed he was pushing his bike home, he on the other hand, laughed at me, whipped out the spanner from his pocket and took the saddle of someone else's bike. his explanation, "ah, this is common, don't worry about it, they'll do the same and eventually someone will take one of a bike that doesn't get used and the world order will be restored".

@BartRidesEternal this one made me think of you and your beautiful custom frame. I'm surprised how much I want it
View attachment 252426
Also, because of the hilariousness, I shall share someone else's story of biking in the Netherlands:

I spent a few weeks working in Rotterdam and Den Hague a while back. I was on a night out with a friend and colleague who was cycling home afterwards whilst I walked back to my digs around the corner. we came out of the bar tea shop to find someone had removed his saddle. I was somewhat annoyed and assumed he was pushing his bike home, he on the other hand, laughed at me, whipped out the spanner from his pocket and took the saddle of someone else's bike. his explanation, "ah, this is common, don't worry about it, they'll do the same and eventually someone will take one of a bike that doesn't get used and the world order will be restored".
Thanks Matti!

I can share the (incomplete) geometry drawing if you want to, so you can build it yourselve ;)

This frame has the tubes alongside the top tube.

This brand has both frame designs (and more!):

https://www.azor.nl/ontwerp-jouw-azor
Maybe the Azor IFL is something for you ;)

View attachment 252426

I've actually had one of these sold it

Back