Bikes I likes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of last month or so; I've been seeing this cruiser all over the place, and I kinda like it. At first I thought it was geared only, but I've seen a few ss versions, I saw a blue one, but most are silver. I don't know what the frame is, I just call it a false cantilever, because it looks like a canti frame without thr canti bars, like a LaJolla. I think it'a called a Sea something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seachange?
Screenshot_20220906-220745.png

...it's sold at Wally's.... usually about a bill and change.

Weird name.

Yes, very good read linked above! Great stuff. But no mention of QR's or 2-spd front drives? Why not?

Yes, very good read linked above! Great stuff. But no mention of QR's or 2-spd front drives? Why not?
Everyone is on the 1x train right now. Unbelievable amounts of vitreol directed towards front derailleurs. People complaining that they're unreliable. It's stupid, they are the most simple things imaginable. The trigger shifters are the problem, a problem which was solved before rapidfire was even invented:
IMG_20220415_162217070.jpg

I don't like the looks of the huge rear cassettes needed for 1x, and definitely don't like how far down those long cage rear ders hang down. I hear about more of these breaking down than front derailleurs ever did.

The character who bought TBOM and I were discussing the 1x realm and both agree that anything over 9 speed in the back is way too finicky for riding in even remotely technical terrain. Scrape a rock with your rear mech and your shifting is dorked out. I want to ride when riding, not mess with derailleurs.

That is simply madness. For those without patience, the gearbox madness starts at about 11 and a half minutes. I don't even know what to call what he did there, remote gearbox? It's not in the wheel or at the crank. And the movement of the rear suspension is mesmerizing. How much does the wheelbase change under compression? I'm not smrt enuf for that bike.

The character who bought TBOM and I were discussing the 1x realm and both agree that anything over 9 speed in the back is way too finicky..

I don’t even wanna ride seven speed on the street. I might put a second front sprocket on though. I don’t really need it but sometimes it’s fun. No derailleur.

The 69er is one of those bikes that’s beyond belief. Is the not the type of thing that I would ride, since I’m not an offroader.

But I would definitely enjoy building something that custom just for the street.

I don’t know that I’ll ever have it in me to build an all aluminum bicycle though. Only time will tell.

A few different non-bicycle projects are calling me right now.

Latest posts

Back