Bikes Of Colorado - Salida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We're currently vacationing in Colorado. Here's a few of the many bikes I've spotted in Salida...

Img_4180.jpg

Img_4183.jpg

Img_4184.jpg

Img_4186.jpg

Img_4197.jpg

Img_4198.jpg

Img_4200.jpg

Img_4206.jpg

Img_4207.jpg

Img_4208.jpg

Img_4203.jpg

This last one was in Cripple Creek...
Img_4162.jpg

Re: Bikes Of Salida

lots of cool bikes, wish it was that bike friendly around here !!! but is the fender backwards on the first one ? and bars upside down on the hipsterish tandem ? Gyros sound good right now !!!

I love Salida. Colorado for that matter, it's cool bike central. Thanks for sharing those.

I didn't take the time to study any of the bikes. I couldn't figure out what the yard full of bikes was.

I'm having to force myself to go ride today. I'd rather hang around here photographing all the cool bikes. Plus where we're riding is at 12000 feet. I'm having trouble breathing here at 7000 :? I've ridden it before but I wasn't as fat and out of shape then.

i drove through salida in may, while visiting family. we pulled in to get coffee on the way to the sand dunes. within minutes, we noticed there were TONS of cool bikes, and lots of beach crusiers. not sure why there were so many in this little town.

Thanks for sharing those....nice Mongoose tucked in there in the last photo. :D

ratina said:
Cool bikes...but only a couple look locked up :shock:

i'm guessing theft isn't an issue in salida. doesn't seem like you you could get too far, or hide a stolen bike for very long. it's that small and isolated. unless, that is, if you pack it up and skip town.

hutch73 said:
ratina said:
Cool bikes...but only a couple look locked up :shock:

i'm guessing theft isn't an issue in salida. doesn't seem like you you could get too far, or hide a stolen bike for very long. it's that small and isolated. unless, that is, if you pack it up and skip town.

Yes it's amazing how many bikes are unlocked. Some of them brand new Electra's and Nirve's which there sure seem to be a lot of.

Nice to see lots of old bikes rollin as is. Thanks for the pics.

So are you doing 2 trips to Colorado this summer?

The girl, in one of the last few pics, i forget which. is DAAAANG cute lol. at least she looks like it from behind :lol:

Lol, the second to last picture man. Look at the legs AH!

Thankyou so much for sharing your ride vid. It took me 5000 miles away from my heckish day for just a few minutes. Lovely.

Back