BIKES with TRUCKS photo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a solid question. It's been 10years of waiting to either find a Sawyer I can afford...or find something affordable that looks as good as a Sawyer. Neither has happened.
We're just going to have to make our own

No malls for this pair.

Attachments

• KIMG0113.JPG
    KIMG0113.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 51
Cool thread! Here's my 94 Kona Humu with my buddy's 1977 Toyota Hilux. My '15 Tacoma is too boring to be photographed with...

thumbnail_IMG_0299.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0307.jpg

OK! Some of you thought I was too rough on my Tacoma so here ya go! This is my '65 King Size Heavy Duti Schwinn. I do like the Pyrite Mica color of my truck...
thumbnail_IMG_1920.jpg

And a twofer since I love Toyotas. My neighbor just sold this clean rig:
thumbnail_IMG_1922.jpg

My wife and I really thought about buying it but that's our Airstream in the back of my truck. Probably don't need two! But man, that camper's a creampuff. Guy has owned it since new, low miles, perfectly maintained...

Bike trip getaway vehicle?

IMG_20210513_181604117.jpg

... Colorado compatible and probably gets better MPG. Slightly more room, as well :grin:.

When we started looking for an RV, I was dreaming of a Raptor with a teardrop. My wife was evidently dreaming of towing a Hilton hotel behind a semi. After several years of shopping and comprise...this is the end product. A Best Western on a pickup :blush:.

Didn't get the whole bike expedition rig with a nice background... just the last stop before returning home from our vacation.

IMG_20210906_184824167_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210906_184840838.jpg
IMG_20210906_185234915.jpg

...crap phone crap pics, but you get the idea. Definitely got less MPGs than that Toyota RV would have, this was our first outing with the full configuration. MPG was reduced on the way home after the alignment getting knocked out of whack by a bear :doh:.

Unfortunately, ran over (killed) a bear on the Redwood Hwy. Put a real damper on our drive home. He was a young, stupid, bachelor that tried to sprint across the highway from beneath a blind under tree next to the road...I saw a black streak disappear beneath the front of the truck (first startled reaction was that it was a bird), then got launched off the seat. Wife was asleep, she thought the jeep had come off the back and slammed us.

Latest posts

Back