bikes you miss from your childhood and why?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss my first bike quite a bit. The day my dad took me down to the local Sears store to pick it out was on my birthday in '73. I had been jones'n for a neighbor's old bike b/c he was was getting a new one. I kept begging my parents to buy this kid's used bike and Dad kept refusing. Then he surprised me and took me to the store and told me to pick out whatever I wanted. I chose this...or rather the new version of it. :wink:
Searsbike.jpg

Not my bike, but I wish it were. I still remember exactly how the grips felt in my hands and I can remember the feeling of independence it gave me as I rode alone in my neighborhood early in the morning before my buddies woke up and came out to play. Also the summer storms when I'd ride like a banshee through the rain and through the big puddles. My buddies wouldn't do that...I guess the lightening scared them off for some reason. :p
It was just a cheapie model, nothing overly special but it meant everything to a 8 yr. old kid in the summer of '73

Back