Black Creek Trail ride, Jacksonville Florida area.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
At least a couple of us are going for a ride along the Black Creek Trail on Saturday. It is located south of Orange Park on US 17, Fleming Island. We will meet at Black Creek Park, at the south end right before you get to Black Creek. 1PM. There is parking and facilities there. All are welcome.

http://www.traillink.com/trail-photos/b ... trail.aspx

Good, breezy and 60f, count me in.

I may go riding Tuesday also, it'll be in the 70's. I usually work Tuesday but the holiday shifted my schedule.

DANG!!!! i leave on the 18th......going to Uruguay. Isn't there someone on the forum in Uruguay?????.......Man, would love to catch up with them, and see some cool bikes!

Well I waited till 1:10pm and no one showed. I guess either I did not wait long enough or you decided not to ride either way I still had a nice ride and I will no better next time.

I got there at exactly 1:05pm, no one there, just a guy standing around wearing a cowboy hat. He was probably a contractor, judging by the 2 work trucks there. I must have just missed you. I waited a few minutes and rode. I rode almost up to Dr's Inlet and back, about 12 miles. It was a great day for riding. I just got home. A few pics:

This bridge is about a half mile long
5lau7s.jpg

Lots of landscaping and retention ponds
fk1pvq.jpg

4takcp.jpg

My favorite is the areas that are under a canopy of trees
3590bqp.jpg

I also saw the guy in the cowboy hat with the white truck with Texas plates. I guess next time we need to scronize our watches because I was there from 12:45 pm till 1:10pm and now that I see what kind of bike you ride I know who to look for. I was riding around the parking lot and sitting at the picnic table. Maybe next time.

It's great to be able to ride in mid February. This morning is good too, but I'm sore from yesterday's ride and the dryer needs fixed. A lighter bike might be in order, I may be riding a purple Dyno next time. The Black Creek Park is 40 miles from my house, but i consider that local. About the same distance away as the Baldwin Rail Trail. But Hanna Park and the Beaches are right here.

30xcwt5.jpg

Anyone riding the trail this weekend, Saturday looks good maybe a little cold in the morning but by the early afternoon it looks like it should get to about 60 degrees. We could try 1:00pm again if anyone is interested.

Saturday looks like the best day to go riding. I'm on shift Saturday and Sunday though.

Wildcat said:
Saturday looks like the best day to go riding. I'm on shift Saturday and Sunday though.

I will leave it up to you, I am free most of the time so if you want to ride just post here when you want to and weather permitting I will be there.
Until I can get a bike rack for my car I am limited to this area I had one picked out but my cars ignition had other plans for my money but soon I hope I would like to ride the other trails also.

Back