Black Frak Rat Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pieced together from an old mountain bike and some racer forks. It's been mocked up to find out if it's rideable. It is and can pull some nice wheelies just by thinking about it. Now I have to deconstruct, paint and rebuild.

Choppa02.jpg

make a wheelie bar for it and use ti pads to make sparks :shock: i built a wheelie bike out of a dorra the explorer 12 inch bike and it has a wheelie bar works great.

Here's an outside picture of the thing with just about everything that will be on it after paint and rebuild. I will have to gate the shifter on the top tube since it wobbles a lot. I took it for a ride around the block and the ride is sweet. The shifter works great and this things handles exactly like my old Raleigh Chopper, comfortable riding position, light front wheel and all that. I have a small video to prove that I rode that thing today :mrgreen:

ChopperFrette.jpg

Small update. The bike is in pieces for paint prep. Took off some unneeded braze-ons and filed them off smooth. if the weather can only get warmer so I can paint! I will be putting a 26X2.125 whitewall in the back and a Maxxis Hookworm in the front. Stay tuned.

At last the arctic weather conditions have decided to leave us and today it was a tropical 0C or 32F with a beautiful sunshine. So I got out the frame and Krylon flat black and went to work. I Painted the frame, fork and headlight. I also installed an LED light in it and buffed out the scratches out of the plastic lens. Now I have to be patient and wait for it to dry before putting it back together. The headlight doesn't look like much in daylight, but in the dark it's pretty impressive. I have a recent post in my blog on how I did it with a cheap book reading LED lamp.

ChopFrame.jpg

ChopHead.jpg

Here's the latest. Nice weather today prompted me to almost finish the build since I wanted to try it out. The shifter isn't ready yet, so I blocked it in third gear. Still a sweet ride.
Choppa6.jpg

I only have one brake, so to make sure it works good, I added this brace.

Choppa7.jpg

Also found this nice chainring to replace the MTB unit.

Choppa8.jpg

Back