Black Hills Newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya Guys & Gals!

New here starting today and i've got to say this is a great site!! Found it through a link over at bmxmusuem.com where i've been a member for a couple years.
I've been a replacement contractor (as in roofing/siding/windows etc) in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota for the last 15yrs. As such, i find myself at the local landfill several times a week, so beginning in '95 i came to an agreement with the landfill operator to recycle/reuse the bicycles that show up in the steel/metal pile; they don't doze them into the heap if i keep them clean up and stack in a rack along side! Which is pretty sweet since the nearest bike shop is 55 miles away from our small town.
I try to keep my bike stash under 200 bikes, all in different states of repair/restoration and ride worthy. ALL types, but especially pre-war 3 bar and such. So finding this site with like minded enthusiasts is terriffic!
Hope to be able to contribute what i know as well...thanks for a great site!

Jason
[email protected]

ps...Here's a couple of bikes from my stash to get started with while i begin to navigate the site:

3172154101_8cb92f5f6b_b.jpg

3172146401_338db17e6a_b.jpg

3172987320_ca57c48a4f_b.jpg

welcome from nor-cal !,nice cruisers,you'll fit rite in ,,, 8)

if you're ever at acme in rapid say 'hi' to tim :D

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Yeah, we've got a lot of great trails here in the Hills, a pretty cool Fat Tire Fest in the spring and Acme is a great shop!
Trying to figure out the best place to post more bike photos...in the gallery? Or is there a "My Bikes" page somewhere in
the Forum?

Thanks again,
Jason

ps..here's another in the meantime;)
3172152435_c501eacc31_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back