Black Rat SS - SOLD 7/5/10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. I know what most of you are thinking. Why waste time and money on a Huffy? Well, it's not about what it is now but what it will become. Plus, this is a rat bike build off, it's not like I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on it. I'm looking to invest around $20... I think I can do it. :wink: I want to make it into a single speed and have it be gloss black. Honestly, I'm going to sell it when it's finished. I already have a single speed and this frame is way too small for me. Plus, it'll have 26" wheels and I'm more of a 27" guy. :wink:

Today I just stripped it of all of its parts, chopped and flopped the handlebars, and found a seat. What you see is $.65 so far. Buying bicycles in bulk... you have to love it. :lol:

dsc09229q.jpg

dsc09232q.jpg

dsc09230.jpg

dsc09234.jpg

Re: Black Rat SS

Surely you jest. :? You know full well that we here at http://www.bikesnob.jerk approve of only the finest and most highly priced bikes, woven by highly trained factory technicians, from pure Unobtainium in dust-free climate-controlled laboratories. :| :| :| :| :| :p :lol: :lol:
Last time I checked, the most valued and desirable things here came from the toy department at Woolworth's, or Ben Franklin's five and dime. :wink: Crank it out! 8)

schwinnmesa said:
Hey guys. I know what most of you are thinking. Why waste time and money on a Huffy? Well, it's not about what it is now but what it will become.
personally i love huffys....no one wants them so theyre free most of the time and youve got the right attitude to boot :!:
looking forward to seeing more

There's nothing wrong with Huffys!!!!

100_1261.jpg

100_1010.jpg

HuffyRatBob.jpg

PA170017.jpg

100_1690.jpg

100_1692.jpg

and my all time favorite and recently aquired Huffy Rail....
Rail1.jpg

I really don't know how to say this, but I sold my RRBBO5 bike for 20 bucks. Money talks... sorry. :lol:

dsc09347z.jpg

I may start another build as long as I follow the rules. :lol:

Cash is KING ! Every one of my bikes has a price but for 2......my recenctly aquired 1967 Rail and my 1971 Murray diamond frame roadie. Those I will take to the grave with me. The Rail replaced one I got for Christmas 1967 and was stolen in 1968, the Murray was the first bike I bought for myself, new, in 1971.

A big thank you to RatRod for this one:
Rail1.jpg

And another with setimental value...this bike actually replaced my Rail....went 4 years bikeless....it was not a good 4 years.
100_1459.jpg

Back