Black Schwinn bikes Breeze Fastback varsisty & a Raleigh ..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This is some stuff I picked up today . These where one family owned & sat in the barn until today. I have done nothing to them.. :D
DSC00374_zpsad840742.jpg

DSC00378_zpsd61319f7.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
The Fastback is NICE!! 8)
Looks to be a 66 ?

Thanks for the comments & the info. I looked at the stem & it is stamped 1966..
I think this may end up being a keeper ??
Anybody have any idea why the grips are gold or have they been replaced ? They are Schwinn grips.

Nice! A black girls Breeze...black girls bikes aren't that common with Schwinn. Can't think of but a couple of black girls Schwinns...a Breeze I owned and an early Corvette I saw once. Gary

I think those are the grips that came with the bike. Those grips are hard to get off, and the bike's seat having very little wear is another reason. They might be silver, but yellowed with age somewhat. The seat is adjusted low, so a little kid or person had the bike, the chain came off and they couldn't figure how to get it back on, so they parked it and left with just a few miles on it. Maybe. The pedals don't show much wear either, and if the tires are original, that bike hasn't seen 100 miles. The brake blocks probably show no wear either. Just a guess. The Schwinn chrome and black paint will shine like new. Awesome find.

Great score - always awesome to get a nice lot all well preserved.

Congrats !

Wildcat said:
I think those are the grips that came with the bike. Those grips are hard to get off, and the bike's seat having very little wear is another reason. They might be silver, but yellowed with age somewhat. The seat is adjusted low, so a little kid or person had the bike, the chain came off and they couldn't figure how to get it back on, so they parked it and left with just a few miles on it. Maybe. The pedals don't show much wear either, and if the tires are original, that bike hasn't seen 100 miles. The brake blocks probably show no wear either. Just a guess. The Schwinn chrome and black paint will shine like new. Awesome find.

I do think the grips have been on here since day one .When I did a google search I did find another bike like mine with goldish looking grips.
Thanks for the reply .. The tires are original but I will need to replace them..(The tires are Dryed out & cracked)

Latest posts

Back