@@ Blackhawk @@ Phase 4 Speedo Score!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
in my basement in a week! Yeah, yeah, yeah I am stoked and doing the happy dance all over the place! This one is gonna be satin purple with Felt quick brick whitewalls and I am gonna build a replica Blackhawk tank - with some help of course!!!

BH1.jpg

BH2.jpg

BH3.jpg

BH4.jpg

BH5.jpg

BH6.jpg

BH7.jpg

Re: @@ Blackhawk Down@@..

Everything is cool about that bike already- the frame, rear rack, cranks, etc....

I sure you will do it justice with a twist of Joe. :wink:

Wow....that is a cool frame design....looks like we can see where Hawthorne got the idea now.

Sounds like a cool plan that you have for this one. :wink:

Wow Joe, looks like that money finally burned a hole in your pocket and fell out. Lucky SOB :mrgreen:

Awesome, awesome, awesome. BTW, that guy who is at all the local shows has one and I'm sure he would let you measure his tank to get some dimensions.

I'll trade you that bike for a set of stainless fenders. :p :p :lol:

Sweet bike Joe! Can't wait to see it done. It's a shame someone robbed the struts off the fork.

One of my favorite frame designs. Chestnut hallow has a couple of tanks for that. One is missing the door and is almost affordable! The other is in mint condition, but is not a Elgin tank. I think it came from the Rollfast or Columbia version. The only difference is the shape of the corners.

Re: @@ Blackhawk @@ Phase 1 Pics Nov. 30

Got it today at the ridiculous time of 8 AM in the morning! I must have been the first stop on the Fedex route. That never happens! My "Black Friday" was kickin' Spent all day stripping it down and getting the frame ready. Gonna mock up all before braeaking it down for paint.

Bhawk1.jpg

Bhawk2.jpg

Bhawk3.jpg

Bhawk4.jpg

Bhawk5.jpg

Bhawk6.jpg

Re: @@ Blackhawk @@ Phase 1 Pics Nov. 30

The edge of a small regular blade screwdriver :shock: :? Then i wet sand it with 400 grit and PB Blaster to lubricate, not water.

Dr. Sizzle said:
What are you stripping it down with, a grinder or paint stripper of sort?

Re: @@ Blackhawk @@ Phase 2 Fenders added!

Just received these Stainless steel fenders for my Blackhawk build. Even though these are from a girls bike they will look awesome with the brass rivets to fill the holes. Fenders came with the original Delta Defender light and it even works!

BHphase2a.jpg

BHphase2b.jpg

BHphase2c.jpg

BHphase2d.jpg

BHphase2e.jpg

Looks like someone's got a serious Matchbox problem!

Later T

Skip,
It is the penetrating catalyst. works real well and stays lubricated. makes a bit of a mess, but what the hey.

Joe

Skipton said:
Hey Joe,
Silly question.... Which PB blaster are you using for wet sanding? Corrosion Stop,or PB Penetrating Catalyst......

Thanks Skip

I'll tell ya, Joe. You definitly got the "knack" for FINDING and putting parts together. This bike is SOOOOO cool!

Back