BLINK's 1960 Flightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i posted this in my intro, but its definitely a work in progress so i figured i would post it here as well.

1960 JC Higgins Flightliner
i got it the other day from a guy in my neighborhood who had it posted on craigslist. i got it for practically nothing.
i decided to post some before and after photos....obviously these are the before shots. i have learned a few cleaning/polishing techniques that i want to try out on the chrome, which is really about 90% of the bike.
the light and horn are missing from inside the tank. i am going to try and find a replacement lens and rig a new light and horn inside. also, i think i want to put some whitewall tires on it.....
2757870394_c5458fc66c_b.jpg

2757869992_e1db5ff23c_b.jpg

and after about 10-15 hours of cleaning, some lovely cream fat frank tires that wont fit!!! still mad about that, and i took the aftermarket light off, put a red chain on, here she is....
2809978542_9109278046_b.jpg

2809131607_82edcc38b8_b.jpg

2809132985_b10fcdc9a8_b.jpg

2809981606_ae52c5f364_b.jpg

she is definitely not done though.
i have whitewalls (that fit) coming
pedals coming
a lens coming for the tank (that hopefully i can make work.
i would also like to eventually repaint the red elements with a close match automotive metallic red.

cheers! i will take some more shots of the progress and throw em up here soon!

looks awesome !!!

dont even notice the rear fenders gone til ya mentioned it :lol:

rear rack makes it look like it was meant to be that way actually. i guess you had to bend the fender mount on the bottom of the rack ??

CCR said:
looks awesome !!!

dont even notice the rear fenders gone til ya mentioned it :lol:

rear rack makes it look like it was meant to be that way actually. i guess you had to bend the fender mount on the bottom of the rack ??

i did bend down the fender mount. i really wanted those things to fit!

the fat franks are 2.35" i might have been able to put on 2.125" ones, but i found some 1.75" whitewalls so i know those will work. they are coming in the mail like wednesday. i am impatient.

guess i will take apart the Flying - O for now.

Back