TRADITIONAL Blue bike too

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Most excellent use of the hot tub time machine!

I solved the bent fork issue by remembering I had this Westfield fork in the pile, it’s off a pre-war bike so it’s era correct. The blue is a bit off but it’s close enough for me
IMG_5296.jpeg
IMG_5297.jpeg

Looks like a great match to me!

I’ve been working late and slacking on page 2! Tonight I started digging through the box of parts that came with the bike to see what I can use
IMG_5320.jpeg
this rack looks bent to me, the blue is a bit off and the front mount has been hacked, it’s going into the future use pile
IMG_5345.jpeg
IMG_5346.jpeg
this truss rod mount was on the bike and these rods were in the box, they’ve got a couple extra bends but I can work with that
IMG_5348.jpeg
this set of truss rods was in there too, one or the other will find its way onto this bike
IMG_5347.jpeg
looks like most of a kickstand
IMG_5349.jpeg
niw to dig into this ceramic bowl of stuff
IMG_5350.jpeg
a seat post that’s too short and some assorted hardware, most of a new departure hub aside from a broken transfer spring, and best of all the correct chain tensioner bolts!
IMG_5351.jpeg
IMG_5352.jpeg
IMG_5353.jpeg

Looks like a great mix of goodies for current or future use.

Whats Up Hello GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I haven’t touched the bike in a couple weeks, but I dug through the parts pile, ordered some stuff, and went to a swap meet this morning to see if I could find something I liked better than what i already had. I now have almost all the parts I need to assemble a bike. Ill get back into it this week, I’ve got some parts to modify and some to paint or unpaint…

My parts selection has determined the direction this bike is going to go in, I’m building a hot rod. I was missing more new departure parts than I thought, and both rims are bent. My parts pile has some toy store bike wheels that need work, but last year when I had a few extra bucks I bought a pair of wheels from ind-chuckz with no plan on where to use them. They’re going on this bike 😁
IMG_5419.jpeg
I also bought a couple pairs of S&M speedball tires for last years bike when they were in sale for $15 a piece, one of my favorite bikes last year was JS331’s stealthmaster so I’m going to steal an idea from him and use a 3 piece BMX crank and the skip tooth sprocket, both my bottom bracket cones are junk so I needed to replace these parts anyway
IMG_5422.jpeg

Mmmm...hot rod style! One of my favorites, and the 3 piece cranks and those rims will def add to the look.

RoD RaT oN~!

Back