Blues Brothers Bike. Done in jail. BLUESSICAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, a flip flop hub. The freewheel side if used on the left side would spin freely while the bike would be fixie. No one would know it wasn't pulling.
The left side would actually work when you wanted reverse as would the right side fixie, so the chain wheels and cogs would have to match. I agree also on Loctite to hold the pedal on forever and you're done! Your bike has reverse to boot!
As for brakes? :39:

I wonder about the freewheel constantly spinning.
I've wanted to build a bike with reverse for a while, but with the freewheel spinning all the time how long will the bearings last.

They make BMX hubs that take a south-paw freewheel on the left as well as a normal one on the right.

prod106393_Black_NE_01

^^Thats what I was thinking, but finding one with a 3/8" axle instead of the 14mm, to fit the vintage frame.

keep the rubber side down!

Gentlemen gentlemen gentlemen. You all have great ideas. You are all very smart feller's. But I already have this figured out. :dance2:

Sweet! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

The 14mm to 3/8's problem is easily solved with the side of a flat file.

True, I am unsure of the owners willingness to modify their dropouts, but I forget what site I am on sometimes! Have done it myself in the past, and is an easy way to solve that issue!

True, I am unsure of the owners willingness to modify their dropouts, but I forget what site I am on sometimes! Have done it myself in the past, and is an easy way to solve that issue!

I was talking about flatting the axle to fit the dropouts,but either way works.

It needs a harmonica on there somewhere and it also needs one of those St. Christopher wrap around head badge thingies since you're on a mission from God.

If I'm not mistaken, it isn't uncommon to find cheap Dicta freewheels that are threaded completely through. Unlike other manufacturers, they don't have a ridge that prevents the assembly from spinning on the hub backwards.

CS409C01.jpg

With a little ingenuity, I'm sure you could get a pair of these installed on opposite sides of a flip-flop hub...and have them both pull.

A few parts showed up today for the ratrodbikes.com build off 12 Blues Brothers bike. #bluessical . 2 cranks. 2 gold chains. 2.free wheels. The dual drive train will come to life. The horns will be used to cut up to make lights to go on the handlebars. Stay tuned build off 12!!!! Blues Brothers Bike
image.jpeg

Been looking forward to this build. I know you have been thinking about it for a year.
Time to shake your tailfeathers and build this baby.

Build off 12. Was cleaning out my basement today. Was just about to chuck all of this stuff. Then I realized items for the build off 12 Blues Brothers Bike. #BLUESSICAL stay tuned. It's about to go down!!!!!
image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back