~ BlueX ~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ~Blue X~

have ya knocked the wedge outta the stem? (ie hammered down on the stem bolt after its almost fully unthreaded?)
thats def one of those split stems with the pry wedge in the middle. if you dont get it outta the way, the stem wont budge.

sensor said:
if you hadnt cut the frame loose id say stick the stem in a vice and then use the frame for leverage to twist it loose....but it doesnt work to well w/o the frame for a cheater bar.
cut the stem off and then use a drift punch to knock the remains of the wedge bolt/wedge out the bottom would be the easiest/fastest way
I tried to take the fork off a few months ago when I got the frame did not work.
never thought I would use the fork on this build tell I cut the frame up :roll:
I will try to punch out the wedge bolt. and put the fork in the vise with some wood blocks to protect it
see if I can find a big breaker bar

Thanks guys updates to come

Some very cool ideas - it'll be interesting to see how it comes out. Best of luck!

Skippy good news and bad. Good news fork came outa head tube ok. Bad news steerer tube rusted out and ice bulged. I could cut off tube and replace top section.

Okay busy weekend with the family
need to take a week off work :mrgreen: to work on my bike :roll:
Big thank you to XC204. This would be JB welded If not for him :D :D :D
Still have to find a fork. The black Schwinn one in pics is also bent :shock: plus not the look I am going for but does look better
then the triple trees.
buildoff5005-4.jpg

got the tanks just how I want them need to bolt them on.
buildoff5001-5.jpg

I have some ideas on how to bolt seat on.
buildoff5002-5.jpg

buildoff5003-5.jpg

buildoff5006-3.jpg

I do fit on the thing and can reach the bars :wink:
more soon
Thanks Skip

Oh man is looking good! I've been building an old fashioned wooden floor grate so not much bike time, well just a little for my daughters Schwinn You could truss that fork with a weld on truss.

Skipton said:
buildoff5001-5.jpg

I have some ideas on how to bolt seat on.
buildoff5002-5.jpg

I do fit on the thing and can reach the bars :wink:
more soon
Thanks Skip
Dude! That thing looks CRAZY to pedal!! :shock:

bikeriderx said:
Dude! That thing looks CRAZY to pedal!! :shock:
I think it may take a learning curve :shock: ...... but once I figure it out I think (hope :roll: ) it will be good
at least no one can steal it :wink:.......I can also move the seat forward if I need to.

Lets see some action...are you just sitten around on your curvey seat post?

Ok I have been sleeping/dragging my feet for 6 weeks :shock:
Going to be out of town for a few days, but then I will be burning the midnight oil to get this done!

Thanks to TheFlyingDingo I have forks!
forks.jpg

Just got this today from Ebay
buildoffbike5003.jpg

Hope its big enough :wink:
buildoffbike5009.jpg

buildoffbike5008.jpg

Got this A week ago
buildoffbike5006.jpg

buildoffbike5004.jpg

Don't call me out yet!

Oh I like those parts. I'm not sure but that looks like the speedo that was in my 1954 chevy . Glad to see you back!

Latest posts

Back