BMW R32 Mk.II -MOTORIZED-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the "pea shooter"(?) thread and realized that I haven't posted any pics of my motorization project; my RBBO2 bike the BMW R32 Mk.II! So for everybodys pleasure(I hope :p) I now present the Motorized version of the R32 Mk.II!
I am thinking of geting another tank done, that will fit where the tank-plate sits! All cables and such aren't really shortened and trimmed yet, but you get how it will look finished!

R32041-2.jpg

R32046-2.jpg

R32047-2.jpg

R32045-2.jpg

R32044-2.jpg

R32042-2.jpg

R32043-2.jpg

I dig your ride. Very cool.

I have been thinking about building a motorized bike like the one you have. I have done some research I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.
1. What is the top speed your bike can go?
2. How many cc's is the motor?
3. Where did you get the motor?
4. Does the motor you have hold its power as it climbs hills?

I have been looking at bike motors on ebay. The 80cc motors that look like the one you have on your bike seem very popular. I just wonder how they perform.

Great looking build. Your color combo really compliments the engine setup and vice versa. I'm not sure but it looks like your throttle is upside down. If you guys have any questions about these bikes check out http://motorbicycling.com/ . The group over there is alot like here helpful, friendly and keep a clean site, except they have motors.

noahd said:
I dig your ride. Very cool.

I have been thinking about building a motorized bike like the one you have. I have done some research I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.
1. What is the top speed your bike can go?
2. How many cc's is the motor?
3. Where did you get the motor?
4. Does the motor you have hold its power as it climbs hills?

I have been looking at bike motors on ebay. The 80cc motors that look like the one you have on your bike seem very popular. I just wonder how they perform.

1. I haven't ridden it much so I cant tell you, plus it seems like my bike computer I am using as a speedometer is not working correctly.
2. 49CC
3. A Swedish web-store
4. Dunno, havent ridden it much because there is still some adjustmenst to be done!

nogoodnic42 said:
Great looking build. Your color combo really compliments the engine setup and vice versa. I'm not sure but it looks like your throttle is upside down. If you guys have any questions about these bikes check out http://motorbicycling.com/ . The group over there is alot like here helpful, friendly and keep a clean site, except they have motors.

Yeah, it looks like it's upside down, because it allmost is! I did that to get some tension on the throttle cable :p I will fix that sooner

Joshua85 said:
i too am curious how it rides, i've been thinking of doing this for a long time!

It rides well, but there are still some adjustments to be done so it'll run great

Cool ride. I had to put a smaller sprocket on mine (peashooter) to clear the engine. Also my throttle cable really wants to route straight through the frame. I twisted the carb about 3 degrees on the intake to leave clearance. Have you had any trouble with the clutch linkage? It doesn't seem very robust.

Boardtrack fan said:
Cool ride. I had to put a smaller sprocket on mine (peashooter) to clear the engine. Also my throttle cable really wants to route straight through the frame. I twisted the carb about 3 degrees on the intake to leave clearance. Have you had any trouble with the clutch linkage? It doesn't seem very robust.

Yeah, I actually had problems with the clutch cable! The first time I rode it, i used the clutch when I was about to stop, and the thing snapped! The, uuhm, "puck" that held the cable to the lever had come loose, so I changed the whole wire for a thicker and more robust mtb-brake wire!

Back