BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's one of my mongooses in original blue for bikejunkie
P1030345.jpg

I'm seeing some great stuff in this thread.

Click image for full view.
Here is a Powerlite P61 I've owned since new. This was the top of the line model before the coqpits. I gave it away to a girlfriend's son and then later bought it back from him in trade for a spankin' new '09 Haro team issue.

The pic at top left was how I got it back (a mess), then straightened out a bit and cleaned with some parts replacement, and the last photo shows it totally rocked out with period correct, top of the line race parts, and this time in black. This rig is way light. I estimate it at 21 lbs though it still lacks final seat, post and brakes.

It's still missing air in the rear tire, brakes (which I have), a proper seatpost/ seat combo ( which I don't) and it needs to be tightened/ tuned and wiped down.

Chain ring actually owned by the great Harry Leary.

powerlite2.jpg

hey LONEWOLF,that is quite the stable of bikes you have!That Powerlite turned out rad with those Techniques on it.I just shipped a XXL Powerlite back east a couple months ago.Your right in the light dept!OLDSCHOOLCOLORADO did you ever find a make on your red 26''??Man that thing is sick!And your retro Knight RL square back!!!!!!Knight is bringing some awesome parts to the table.I cant wait till they make a retro 26'' Supergoose.Roc on the bmx museum has one of the baddest bikes Ive ever seen in my life.[just my opinion,but alot of other peoples also!haha] I'll post a pic of it and you be the judge.

finishedramparosbmx06650.jpg

This is a one off Mongoose.Suede seat, gold plated lower stem,Pro Class 26'' wheels,just a beautiful bike.The paint is amazing,with a mettalic sparkle to it.I know I need to get out more!!!HAHA!!!

Sorry for the length but I LOVE BMX here are a few of mine
The first is a 2000 GT mach one expert coaster frame (on the bay)
gtmachone001.jpg

This was my 96 gary fisher mr skinner that was stolen by neighborhood punks and painted they thought i wouldn't recognize it... stupid kids (this was sold)
scareyfisher003.jpg

Specialized vegas just sold
specializedvegas005.jpg

REDLINE RL380 racebike sold
redlinesubrdmstr001.jpg

GT alloy race bike sold
gtframe001.jpg

CW racing one of my favs I got this from stone fish while vacationing with my family in hershey (hershey was my idea just so I could pick up a few bikes)
framesbiancha019.jpg

framesbiancha020.jpg

Next is a redline rl? from 19?? this was a yard sale find that had been badged as a huffy this is a sweet rider and has been moved to my personal bike museum
olskoolbmx006.jpg

olskoolbmx007.jpg

This is another rarity a Sharp BMX all original for 15 This is also in my personal museum
olskoolbmx008.jpg

olskoolbmx009.jpg

can you say old? this is a huffy MX and rides perfect (still hanging around)
gobananas004.jpg

gobananas005.jpg

my klunker 24" murray flightliner set up as a bmx cruiser with a 3pc any arayas (in personal museum)
klunkdone006.jpg

kinda bmx coca cola for a buck
3speed005.jpg

really early conversion still don't know what this is
trek023.jpg

This is a mattel vrrroom bike, This has been refered to as one of the earliest bmx bikes ever built
mattelVroombike001.jpg

Ok that's it for now I still have some really good finds in my museum ( family home back in mass) including an early western flyer, General FRED BLOOD Blood pro, my first ever redline rl 340, a wicked rare Thruster Jaime Burrows , a GT/dyno cruiser, and maybe a few more I need to photograph

Dang CHIMI I didnt know your Schwinn Areostar had a Odyssey brake on it!Is there anyway you can get that brake back?HAHA.Your Sidewinder fits right into this thread.That bike rides so smooth.

Heres a few of mine...nothing really special. I'm not into bmx anymore but it seems like I have a lot of them hanging around still

My Redline XXX. Built this from the frame up when I was 15, turned 16 and hung it up in the attic, haven't touched since. Mostly new parts.

All I have is crappy pics from 10 years ago

bens_0036.jpg

bens_0038.jpg

1984 Schwinn Predator Aerostar (For Sale)

pred2.jpg

1996 Dyno Blaze (For Sale)

dyno1.jpg

80's Schwinn Phantom I built from just a frame w/ parts I had laying around

PIC.jpg

80's Ross Pirhana (For Sale)

ross1.jpg

80's Huffy Pro Thunder w/ Araya Rims (For Sale)

huff1.jpg

Powerlite P-19 (Frame and some parts for sale)

power1.jpg

Ive got a really cool one up in the attic...its only a dept. store bike from the 80s but I've never seen another one, its been up there for over 10 years, I gotta get it down and build it up. I dont think I'd ever ride it but it would be a cool bike to have. I also have some others, like a newer Redline RL 340, couple of GT framesets, a royce union.

RATINA Wish I had the funds to take that Powerlite off your hands!Nice line up.that Triple X is pretty dope.Dig the red wall tires!!And I just hit the edit button to tell you, ELF bars!!!????God there are treasures everywhere!!

New with BMX. So far this is what I have.

2007 OM Flyer

054.jpg

98 Free Agent Cruiser

095.jpg

98 FatBoy Cruiser

085.jpg

75 Scrambler
064-1.jpg

Rattle canned the frame and handlebar/fork flat black
069-1.jpg

98 GT Vertigo ( Sold )
117.jpg

bikejunkie said:
RATINA Wish I had the funds to take that Powerlite off your hands!Nice line up.that Triple X is pretty dope.Dig the red wall tires!!And I just hit the edit button to tell you, ELF bars!!!????God there are treasures everywhere!!

I wish you had the funds too! 8) I'd love to see it go to someone who would appreciate it. And yes it has Elf bars on it!

All I have left from that bike is the frame, bars, sprocket, and front rim/tire

BIKEDUDE your OM is beautiful!Have you seen the 2010 OM yet!!??RATINA Im sellin a couple things,would you be willing to sell just the brake off your Aerostar!!??Ive got an old school build going and those would be perfect.

I like the color combo, green + gold= Packers :mrgreen: but im not sold with the 100 dollar bill frame.Im looking forward to the blue floval looks realy nice.

Bike dude, I'm diggin' those cranks on that FA cruiser. I've been looking for a pair for over 2 years, I guess.

Latest posts

Back