BMX GUYS. WHAT IS THIS WORTH?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I got the chance to buy this. Close family friend. What year is it? He believes its an 81. What is it worth? Fair price? He lost the motomags up in the rafters of his garage many moons ago.

What it is.....is totally awesome. :D

Probably a $600 bike. Would be more with Motomags, but the Femcos are cool. The stem is probably a $150 piece.

Whatever you do...if you do buy it...DO NOT SCREW AROUND WITH THE ORIGINAL PAINT AND DECALS ON THIS BIKE. You will ruin the value of it. This one is in a lot better shape than most of the Motomags that you see from this time frame....especially yellow bikes.

What it is.....is totally awesome. :D

Probably a $600 bike. Would be more with Motomags, but the Femcos are cool. The stem is probably a $150 piece.

Whatever you do...if you do buy it...DO NOT SCREW AROUND WITH THE ORIGINAL PAINT AND DECALS ON THIS BIKE. You will ruin the value of it. This one is in a lot better shape than most of the Motomags that you see from this time frame....especially yellow bikes.

Good to know! You want this one, Steve?

Just what I was thinking. Lots of dough for something I can't ride..

Aren't these old bikes we like funny? I'd just as soon shoot myself in the eye with a nail gun than pay $600 for the above pictured bicycle, but show me some old catastrophically rusted cantilever framed Schwinn with a spec of original paint left and you couldn't suck the money outta my wallet faster with a shop vac. We're sick folks we are.

Are those pro class wheels? They are worth something alone!
That frame was never offered with them, but was a very common upgrade. I even had that same set up!
Pricing the guys quoted sounds right in line with what I'd pay.....

Gonna go by there after work today and see if I can't bring it home. ;)

Are those pro class wheels? They are worth something alone!
That frame was never offered with them, but was a very common upgrade. I even had that same set up!
Pricing the guys quoted sounds right in line with what I'd pay.....

They are Femco steel wheels....very common on 70s bikes.

I have a very nice set of those wheels , what are they worth ?

~RafaeL~

Latest posts

Back