(BO-X) RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike (Finished, last detailed pictures)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of....ok remember to take pics of everything and maybe even a video sort of thing.

DSCN0908.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I really dig the overall look of this badboy. From the triple tree to the seat placement and wheel choice, everything works IMHO. Also I like what you have in store colour combo/paint design wise. Looking forward to see this bike at the finish line.

Looks way complex.
I'm having to do all of this just to be able to respoke it on another rim. I can guarantee that no modern bike shop has the tool to fit this. I have an idea of what I can do to remove it... stay tuned!;)

Those detail pics are so cool. Thanks for posting them up. Someday someone else will have one of these to work on and have this great reference to go by. Keep plugging away. I really dig this build and the work going into it.

Finally picked up the frame from powder coating. I am not very pleased with the job. I got what I paid for... Here is what you get, for no extra charge, for a $50 powder coat job... orange peel and nothing gets capped or plugged. Lesson learned, stick with the $164 powder coat job. Well it will have to do.
This was done at CDM Metal Finishers, Bristol, PA. Obviously not a good choice for a bicycle frame.
DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1093.jpg

DSCN1094.jpg

DSCN1095.jpg

Progress. I have some painting of parts still to do. While the frame was off to powder coating I didn't even work on that. I got side tracked working on a Rollfast Stroker 300. Well here is my progress so far...
DSCN1099.jpg
DSCN1103.jpg

DSCN1102.jpg

Getting closer and closer and it's looking sweet!!!
I bet it was a major pain to clean out the paint from the seat tube enough.

Getting closer and closer and it's looking sweet!!!
I bet it was a major pain to clean out the paint from the seat tube enough.
Thankfully it was not too deep down. I reamed it with a drum sanding bit.

Tonight's progress: seat assembly, crank, chain ring and BB.
DSCN1107.jpg
Looking good! I like the twin tubes and the way the red double housing emulates that look. The shiny paint and chrome go well together; looks like a custom shop factory bike!

Latest posts

Back