TRADITIONAL Board track .......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame cleaned up nicely! Some nice brazing on there too.

Hotel manager: "Sir, some guests have been complaining about a toxic smell coming from your room."

RoosterboosterO: "Really? I don't smell anything at all."

Hotel manager: "Sir, you have a gas mask on."
Yea

Hotel manager: "Sir, some guests have been complaining about a toxic smell coming from your room."

Lol
Did you, by chance, braze that frame in the hotel too? Now that would be something
I just stripped it outside as well as what I think brazing is. Brazing is what I did with the wire wheel?

IMG20240608122004.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg
63B75946-.jpg

@Roosterbooster0 , great job on the photo posting! And wow! You are really getting that stuff cleaned up.

Brazing is the joining together of two metal surfaces, your frame tubes in this instance, by using a brass rod and melting it in to the gap between the two tubes. It's like big boy soldering. A process that is generally cleaner looking and a little more refined than tig or mig welding.

The brass coloring near the joints in your tubes was the give-away.

2024-06-15 (4).png

Congrats, it worked.
Excellent bare metal work!!

Un
@Roosterbooster0 , great job on the photo posting! And wow! You are really getting that stuff cleaned up.

Brazing is the joining together of two metal surfaces, your frame tubes in this instance, by using a brass rod and melting it in to the gap between the two tubes. It's like big boy soldering. A process that is generally cleaner looking and a little more refined than tig or mig welding.

The brass coloring near the joints in your tubes was the give-away.

View attachment 269622
Understood brother. I honestly like the way it looks unpainted. I think it picked it's own color scheme on its own

Totally concur on the bare metal! You can add some splash of color in grips / saddle / pedals / etc if so desired.

Back